Our Behinds the Scenes Big Money Donors Are The Problem IMO

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Their meddling in the FB Program has given CBK protected status despite the fact that his job performance was so poor he directly caused the firing of the OC and the Transfer of a generational Talent at RB, and yet he's still employed by GT.

CTC had to work his azz off to Recruit Gibbs and fight off Ohio St, LSU, Bama, Florida, etc leading up to NSD and to have it all go for naught due to 1 person , CBK.

I can only imagine how CTC will show up for Team Meetings and the look on his face when he sees CBK in the same room he's in, on the same Coaching Staff with that level of underperforming.

It would drive me crazy, have experienced similar people in my career, and it eats at your insides.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
No they are not... They told TStan he about 3/4 of the buyout secured...7M but the AD didn't want to fire Collins this year. But Collins has been told he better start winning in 2022 or he is out the door. Clown Collins also lobbied to keep Thacker. He didn't do that for Patenaude. He and the AD might be fired if they do not win 6 games next year.

The issue is Clown Collins doesn't hold players accountable...he has turned the flats into a circus and I am happy for Gibbs, he deserves better.

The issue is the Prez sided with the AD to keep Collins, not the Big Money Donors.... This öööö show will be cleaned up after next year.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
No they are not... They told TStan he about 3/4 of the buyout secured...7M but the AD didn't want to fire Clown Collins this year. But Clown Collins has been told he better start winning in 2022 or he is out the door. Clown Collins also lobbied to keep Thacker. He didn't do that for Patenaude. He and the AD might be fired if they do not win 6 games next year.
Seems a little indecisive.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
No they are not... They told TStan he about 3/4 of the buyout secured...7M but the AD didn't want to fire Collins this year. But Collins has been told he better start winning in 2022 or he is out the door. Clown Collins also lobbied to keep Thacker. He didn't do that for Patenaude. He and the AD might be fired if they do not win 6 games next year.

The issue is Clown Collins doesn't hold players accountable...he has turned the flats into a circus and I am happy for Gibbs, he deserves better.

The issue is the Prez sided with the AD to keep Collins, not the Big Money Donors.... This öööö show will be cleaned up after next year.
Tell us all the #1 reason that Gibbs is gone and PNode is gone?

I understand PNode wasn't a Tier1 OC, but losing a generational RB-KR and your OC will interrupt continuity on the offensive side of the Ball and won't help us win 7-8 Games next season.

CBK is the fulcrum of a lot shyt going wrong and him keeping his Job shows more dysfunction than keeping CGC , it looks to me like we are keeping CBK because we can't even afford his $600K buyout for 1 year, that's what it looks like to me.

Look that the field for the last 2 Home Games, we didn't even repaint the lines, are we so broke as an Athl Dept that we can't afford paint for the field?

I think there's a lot of covering up as to the State of our true financial position in the GTAA, I think it's a load of bunk that we raised 3/4 of the Money for CGC's buyout?

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

With a decent OL and the weapons we had, PNode showed the ability to avg 30 -32 Points per Game, Thack never showed a damn thing as a DC, so CGC not lobbying for the guy that had showed the most productivity on an admittedly poor Staff causes me to question his judgement.

When you factor in loss of continuity, plus the guaranteed slow rate at which our Athletes seem to master new schemes in comparison to the "dumb thugs" that we crack jokes about, a new OC at $600K , which is my guess as to the Max that we can afford for an OC (CDP made about $400K), a new OC in Year1 is less likely to be better than CDP in his 4th season back.

Unless you know you can get a home run hire at OC for $600K & under, then you bring back CDP. before you bring back Thack.

TBH, Thack & the secondary coaches should've been the first fired, then CBK, then maybe PNode.

It seems to CGC's priorities have been inverted or were corrupted by the behind the scenes guys, that was my original claim in this thread

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Their meddling in the FB Program has given CBK protected status despite the fact that his job performance was so poor he directly caused the firing of the OC and the Transfer of a generational Talent at RB, and yet he's still employed by GT.

CTC had to work his azz off to Recruit Gibbs and fight off Ohio St, LSU, Bama, Florida, etc leading up to NSD and to have it all go for naught due to 1 person , CBK.

I can only imagine how CTC will show up for Team Meetings and the look on his face when he sees CBK in the same room he's in, on the same Coaching Staff with that level of underperforming.

It would drive me crazy, have experienced similar people in my career, and it eats at your insides.
Your post is moronic.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Your post is moronic.
Gibbs is leaving due to CBK's OLine coaching, if he avgd. 7 yds per carry and Sims had time to throw , he would be headed back to GT because he could at least see a light at the end of the Tunnel.

CBK is still on staff because he's was protected by the money guys behind the scenes -- no single asst. Coach performed worse than CBK , if you cannot see that, then maybe make Soccer your favorite Sport.

Or better yet, tell morons like me why our worst Asst Coach still has a Job when we were supposed to be reviewing all aspects of the FB Program and making necessary changes?

clapper

Dodd-Like
Please explain why you aren’t one of these big money donors that gives enough of a öööö to try to make an impact on our program.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Please explain why you aren’t one of these big money donors that gives enough of a öööö to try to make an impact on our program.
In your opinion are they doing a good Job behind the scenes in comparison to the behind-the-scenes Guys at uga, Bama, Clemson?

Simple question, share your informed opinions with us!

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Press,
You have no friggin clue what is the facts and not the facts. You are making crap up.
Check out Gibbs blocking in the backfield. Come back and tell me why he is better or worse than our OL.
Mid

clapper

Dodd-Like
Dude, you're hitting the 'I'm a big donor' theme a little hard these days.
You have the strangest way of misreading posts, but you be you. All I've said in any of those posts is that anyone bitching about the big donors failing, needs to step up and become one themselves. Instead, we get, "The big donors aren't doing their job. I'm cancelling my season tickets and never giving Tech another nickel until things change." That doesn't fix things. It makes it worse. Frankly, anyone that wants to bitch about the job big donors are doing needs to step up to the plate and make a difference, not run away or hide behind a handle on a message board. None of them know what's happening behind the scenes and they won't until they make the same commitment our big donors do.

In your opinion are they doing a good Job behind the scenes in comparison to the behind-the-scenes Guys at uga, Bama, Clemson?
Behind the scenes? Because they haven't pushed out the AD soon enough for you? They committed to funding the buyout of the HC, if it was going to be exercised. You have no idea what else they are doing behind the scenes and it isn't their job to be our gatekeeper. Honestly, their opinions aren't any better than ours. They aren't all aligned. They don't have the same motivations and ideas on what will make Tech great. And they most likely don't match yours, whether you think they should or not. Hell, if we had truly big donors, wouldn't the endowments for the head coaches in football and basketball be funded already? Most of the big donors aren't motivated to direct the day-to-day operations of the AA anyway. They give their money because they love Georgia Tech and don't step in to micromanage. Those that do are fewer than you think and have less pull than you would expect. Keep in mind that those with influence brought us the likes of MBob, CBG and CGC in the first place. Why in the hell would you want them involved with another change? As I said above, if you think they are failing us, jump in there.

What are the big donors doing behind the scenes at those other schools? Pushing out their HC and AD? Nope. No need as far as I can tell, despite the so-called 'mediocre' season at Clemson. Committing to funding new facilities to attract prospective athletes? We just raised over $100MM for facilities. Funding scholarships for those athletes? $37MM in named endowments (which one is yours?), plus another $37MM for operations. Those aren't small numbers and they aren't funded in $25 increments. There are many people that made significant commitments.

To be clear, I'm not a fan of Collins or Stansbury. I was never on board with CGC. His schtick was apparent from the start. I can't believe it took most of you three years to get to that place. I'm still willing to let him try to dig us out of this hole and prove me wrong, but he has a long damn way to go. As for Todd, I fully supported his hire (and was in favor of bringing him on before we hired DRad). He's made some major mistakes (and quite a few minor ones) and has done enough to piss me off, but he's also done enough good things that I'm not willing, or interested, to pull the plug on him yet.

18in32

Petard Hoister
You have the strangest way of misreading posts, but you be you.
Do I though? You have been explicit several times that you are a major donor, and comments like this:
$37MM in named endowments (which one is yours?)
certainly suggest that you think whatever you've done for the program (endowing a scholarship I guess?) is better/more important than what other posters have done. And then comments like this:
All I've said in any of those posts is that anyone bitching about the big donors failing, needs to step up and become one themselves.
are obviously insincere. Complain away about people not attending games or buying tickets... but complaining that our modest 80k'ers aren't big donors makes no sense. Ain't you never heard of the widow's mite?

clapper

Dodd-Like
Do I though? You have been explicit several times that you are a major donor...
Have I, or is that just you reading into things again? What exactly would you consider a major donor, particularly one that has the ability to influence the course of the AA?

and comments like this...

certainly suggest that you think whatever you've done for the program (endowing a scholarship I guess?) is better/more important than what other posters have done.
Suggest? There you go again. If you want to go there, I'm not saying anything of the sort. The OP is the one casting aspersions on the big donors and suggesting that they are culpable. The only people I'm addressing are those that choose to point fingers. If anyone is incapable, or unwillingly, to make that commitment, then they really shouldn't be blaming those that have done so. It sounds petty and hollow. Those people care just as much (I will not say more) about Tech as the rest of us. It's no different than the posters that choose to berate the players. It is uncalled for. It doesn't matter if I am a big donor or not. The comments need not be made. The OP asked if I approve of what the big donors have done. They've done a lot. I'm sorry if my little dig offended you, or caused you to read into something yet again. Would it be better if I just called him a moron, or bleeding vagina?

Ain't you never heard of the widow's mite?
Yes, I've heard of it. the widow didn't rail against the rich for failing her. That was, um, some other guy. So, based on your analogy, that would make PMC the widow, the big donors the evil rich, and you just appointed yourself Jesus. Good job there. (Or am I reading in things a little too much there?) :bigthumbup:

18in32

Petard Hoister
I'm sorry if my little dig offended you, or caused you to read into something yet again. Would it be better if I just called him a moron, or bleeding vagina?
You're making my argument for me.
you just appointed yourself Jesus. Good job there. (Or am I reading in things a little too much there?) :bigthumbup:
I like to think of myself more as Paul. TIA is Jesus around here.

I withdraw my comments and express my gratitude for all you do for Tech. Peace –