our biggest mistake

statelinejacket

Damn Good Rat
or just dumb bad luck was not getting Fridge as the HC. Hindsight shows he was the technical master and the supreme motivator of the offence. Our offence was tops and our defence stunk. Remember now GOL was a defence coach. Now look over at Athens and you can see a similiar occurence happening. The Dawgs have won this year with a superb defence. Coach Van Gorder is the Defensive Coordinator getting the credit. Now Coach Richt is a Offensive Coach! And his offense has been average at best. There has to be a lesson in this despite the simplcity. I'm not saying Coach Richt is not a great Head Coach. After all he picked Coach Van Gorder for his staff. But I believe Coach Van Gorder is Georgia's Fridge. And that is what we need now. A coach with Fridge's qualities and there is one right down the road in Coach Van Gorder. Any comments welcome.

Someone posted this earlier and I will reiterate it. What are we supposed to do? Fire George O'Leary and put the Fridge in control. I mean I would love to have the Fridge, but MAryland is his alma mater, he has a huge contract, and he is not going anywhere.

you completly misread what I said. I said it was just dumb bad luck. As in what would our situation be if GOL had bolted a year earlier. And then I ask if others out here could see how much georgia's success mirrors ours of '98 and 2000, only their brightest success is on the defensive side while ours was on the offensive. Their assistant coach making the biggest impact is on the opposite side of the expertise of their boss the head coach. And why allow another star to get away. Not having Fridge as HC is dumb bad luck. But with Van Gorder we have a chance to change our immeadiate future. What do we have to wait on? I'll tell you what you would be waiting on, your waiting for the media, for Corso and Herbstreit to start telling you who the next star coach is going to be. Give me a break!

Back