"OUR D" & TJ Barnes was the MVP (first half D)

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
He absolutely sandwiched UNC's rb on the goal line when he got to play. That forced the Davis B*tch to kick a fg on Tech's 4 yard line. LOL

Without that play, we may have been looking at a 21-17 deficit going into the locker room.

In all honesty, our D isn't really that bad (re-watching game right now). UNC made a lot of plays...and we MADE them make a lot of plays. We kept everything in front of us...e.g...didn't give up but one big play all day. And that one play was on an out-and-up route which our true freshman safety bit on the play (when our DLINE got zero pressure to boot).

Last year, our D gave up 62 plays which went over 20 yards. Today, we only gave up one (maybe 2?) against a quality opponent.

I see the improvement. And with less talent. I'm somewhat impressed. Certainly not overwhelmed but pleased nonetheless. :biggthumpup:

On UNC's 2nd drive...

Dominique Reese dropped a fairly easy INT. Instead, they continue one of their own "dink & dunk death marches" against us.

Kansas dinked and dunked us to death last week. Does UGA have that capability?

I know Clemson does.

Dinking and dunking will only work for so long against a good 3-4 defense. Having those 4 lbs and not knowing who is blitzing will result in ints. Hopefully our defense will be above average by the time we play Clemson and we'll be able to stop all those bubble screens they are going to throw.

Dinking and dunking will only work for so long against a good 3-4 defense. Having those 4 lbs and not knowing who is blitzing will result in ints. Hopefully our defense will be above average by the time we play Clemson and we'll be able to stop all those bubble screens they are going to throw.

Good call. We were very close on a coupla' plays.

Who knows...maybe Al Groh works some magic.

That's the biggest difference between winning and losing. Last week, I didn't even want to think about improving. I just wanted Jack Daniels...

TODAY. I am hopeful something can come of this defense. We've got a good one in AL GROH.

He absolutely sandwiched UNC's rb on the goal line when he got to play. That forced the Davis B*tch to kick a fg on Tech's 4 yard line. LOL

Without that play, we may have been looking at a 21-17 deficit going into the locker room.

In all honesty, our D isn't really that bad (re-watching game right now). UNC made a lot of plays...and we MADE them make a lot of plays. We kept everything in front of us...e.g...didn't give up but one big play all day. And that one play was on an out-and-up route which our true freshman safety bit on the play (when our DLINE got zero pressure to boot).

Last year, our D gave up 62 plays which went over 20 yards. Today, we only gave up one (maybe 2?) against a quality opponent.

I see the improvement. And with less talent. I'm somewhat impressed. Certainly not overwhelmed but pleased nonetheless. :biggthumpup:

Man, when Barnes fell on top of that kid, he just swallowed him up! You couldn't even see the RB beneath Barnes. I could watch that replay 100 times.

Back