Our three-headed OC

Okay I'll get in on this ...
It seems to me that the teams largest flaw last season was the development, or lack there of, of the QB position...
If CG wants to call the plays it's fine with me... I saw a serious lack of execution in the QB's and bringing in a QB coach IMHO is what they seem to need more than an OC...
Now we've got a gaggle of young QB's and one of them has got to step up... the learning curve is gonna be really steep and they are gonna require the constant attention of a single coach... Chan Gailey seems to believe that Geis is the one to coach these young QB's and prepare them the way that CG wants them to play so they can execute the plays he calls on Saturdays...

Originally posted by casbah62:
Okay I'll get in on this ...
It seems to me that the teams largest flaw last season was the development, or lack there of, of the QB position...
If CG wants to call the plays it's fine with me... I saw a serious lack of execution in the QB's and bringing in a QB coach IMHO is what they seem to need more than an OC...
Now we've got a gaggle of young QB's and one of them has got to step up... the learning curve is gonna be really steep and they are gonna require the constant attention of a single coach... Chan Gailey seems to believe that Geis is the one to coach these young QB's and prepare them the way that CG wants them to play so they can execute the plays he calls on Saturdays...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nice post, I just hope you are correct.

If this scheme really is part of some new coaching trend, then this whole scenario is very interesting. It's true that the proof will be in the pudding. Tech excels, CG's a genius. We struggle and it's either bring in an official OC, or it's resume time for the Chanster.

I don't really care about the structure but results have GOT to improve.I would be interested in knowing if CG is going to change the play terminology/designator decriptions.We supposedly kept BOB so we wouldn't have to change this to simplify the system in the changeover.Well, we saw how much that paid off.
-btw-if DBo couldn't comprehend the old how can he handle a new one.

casbah, unless things have changed, Geiss will not be coaching the QBs, Nix will.
Your message still rings true--that is the QBs need much individual teaching--but your coaches are switched.

I agree with your gist of your post though.

Thanks SpellingBee for setting me straight... I got the gist right but the details wrong... oh well... It's tough to get all the details when the folks in the athletic dept. haven't been the most vocal as of late...
And StatelineJacket... I'm trying to be positive about next season... I for one was and still am extrememly discouraged by the teams end of season performance... I'm no X's and O's guru by any stretch but I am a discipline, concentration and mental performance kind've guy... A letter that I sent Braine and Gailey after the mud bath performance was all about the general lack of discipline at all levels of presentation and performance on Saturdays last season. I posted the outline of the letter here and on 'The Hive' and got a favourable response from posters in both forums.
Whatever was going on behind the scenes is usually none of my business especially when it relates to X's and O's... BUT the TECH 'family' should always be disciplined, focused and honourable no matter what's going on or who the coaches are...
So with that being said I hope that the coaching lineup change will inject some much needed discipline and mental toughness...
I hope as you do ... Sooner than later...

casbah and spellingbee, glad to see you are in agreement about the gist on Geis!

drinking.gif
blue.gif
laugh.gif

I made the following statement when O'leary was coaching and Dixon was not playing because he ran standing up straight.

"I don't care if he runs on his hands and holds the football between his legs as long as he is effective and makes a lot of yardage and doesn't fumble".

I say the same thing about Gailey's plans for this year. I don't really care what method he uses as long as it is effective and we win.

Personally, I am a control freak and would have to control all aspects of the team if I were coaching. If that is Gailey's personality, then that is what he should do. He indicated last year he was going to let the assistants do all the coaching. If he did, indeed, we saw the results and it was not good.

I will just wait and hope for the best. I will withhold any judgements and view the results.

wink.gif

Back