"Outplayed, outcoached & outhit by the Blue Devils"

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
I agree Downeast, remember the COTY posts here recently? We will pretty well know if we have made a mistake by dinner time the 29th. The blind faithful & bashers have already made up their minds, but the rest of us will let the season play out. It was too early after the MD game to make CCG king and it's too early now to make him the dunce. THWG

Has anyone made funeral arrangements for BeeWare. If Roof does well in his last two games and does not get the head coaching job at Duke, we will have to bury BeeWare.

I certainly hope Roof gets the job. Can you imagine seeing the same Roof post from BeeWare for two years?

Father Time

Originally posted by GoldZ:
I agree Downeast, remember the COTY posts here recently? We will pretty well know if we have made a mistake by dinner time the 29th. The blind faithful & bashers have already made up their minds, but the rest of us will let the season play out. It was too early after the MD game to make CCG king and it's too early now to make him the dunce. THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't understand the dinner time comment are saying if we win the next 2 and lose to ugag by 25 then he is not our coach OR howbout if we lose the next 2 and then beat ugag by 1pt will you feel good?

I am going on the record saying that if we lose the next 2 and then beat Ugag this is not a good season.

However if we win the next 2 this is probably a pretty good season.

After watching Clemson destroy F$U you get the feeling that anything can happen. I would like to see CG get his own players in here and see what he can do.

I will say beating Fridge was the best thing that could have happenned this year. I would like to see us go to a bowl, but this team is thin and young.

you will not know until well into next year whether CG is getting the job done

Even if we beat Ugag does that mean CG is the right coach?

I just want to see a progression and I think we have seen that this year. We have stumbled too, but overall things have been positive to date. If we can win the next 2 then the season will be in the very positive again.

law, the dinner time comment means we will have played out the season by then, and only then can it be fairly judged. My take will be:

lose to UNC & UVA & beat ugag=a very successful season.

win first 2 and lose a close hard fought one to ugag=a successsful season.

win first 2 and suffer a blowout vs. ugag=a major disappointment calling for a thorough examination of the program beyond that of the HC. Even a cursory study of the losses from the team we lost 51-7 to will explain my rationale.

As for how I will feel if we beat ugag by one point...FRIGGIN GREAT! Some games are simply more important than others and some are MANY times more important. The ugag game will always be the latter. Can u name who we won or lost to just prior to the ugag game in '89,90,98,99,00 without looking it up? No? Can u tell me who won the ugag game?

For the most part, I agree about not knowing about Chan until next year, but a finish similar to last year coupled with the Vandy,CU, & Duke games would leave serious doubts in my mind. Also, a FULL recruiting class with several players OFFERED by other major programs will be crucial to his evaluation and that of our program at large. Hope this answered your question. THWG

so says Mr Dascenzo in the Durham Herald-Sun. They're gloating, of course, but the emphasis of this article is on how much Head Coach Ted Roof has done for the Duke football program. Mr Roof certainly appears to be bringing everything a fan would desire of a HC to the Devils' football program.
Is the entire USA now thinking/believing/realizing that Ted Roof may be a better Head Coach of a div1a team in a major conference than Chan Gailey is? Tell me it isn't so.

Ted Roof lights up Duke football

before we accord COTY honors to Ted, I'll wait to see how he and Duke fare in their last 2 games. Same for Chan.

Next week's game will tell us all how the Jackets respond to adversity and to Chan.

First, I may be the only one, but I don't give a rat's __ about Ted Roof or what happens to him.

Second, some degree of competitiveness vs. Georgia is a necessity. Another blowout and we should fire Gailey and get somebody else who can get us ready.

You get paid a million bucks to coach the whole season. It should be evaluated after they are all played. We had four games left last Saturday morning. 1 of the 4 has proved another disaster.
No matter what happens Saturday, Gailey should be evaluated a great degree vs. our rival. A good team, but on our home field. No more do-overs.

I agree with alot of what some of you have said.

Now is where it starts so we can see if Chan can finish out a season. We have three very important games left, and if we can finish strong, great. This gives us alot to look forward to next year. If we finish flat like last year, it could be a looong offseason.

I want though, for the fans to show up Saturday and let the team know we still believe in them.

Good post The Jacket. In addition to a good game vs. ugag, the recruiting results will determine how loong the offseason is. THWG

Back