P.J... (snicker)

calderman420

Varsity Lurker
This was kind of a fad in the NFL back in the mid 80's. In fact, I think Herschel might have been into it ( along with the bobsled ), but I'm not sure.

I just had to laugh tho... I wonder if he'll get one of those pink tutu's

P.J. takes ballet lessons.
SAY WHAT?: Tailback P.J. Daniels, an All-ACC selection, isn't ready to rest on his laurels. So the sophomore former walk-on is headed to ballet class in the spring to improve his balance and foot speed.

Daniels, who rushed for 1,140 yards - second most in the ACC, isn't worried about what his teammates or rivals will say about his extracurricular activities.

"They can laugh at me now," he said, "but in the long run, they'll be like, 'Hey that ballet class really paid off for him.'"
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

It makes me think of a line from the movie 'About last night' with Jim Belushi, Rob Lowe and Demi Moore.

'Those firemen make out like bandits'

Ballet class has got to be a great way to meet girls in great shape.

If I am not mistaken, Pepper had some of his players take ballet lessons to improve their balance.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
If I am not mistaken, Pepper had some of his players take ballet lessons to improve their balance.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Close but not quite. He brought in a couple of women who specialized in stretching exercises. All I really remember was that when you first started this stretching, it made you very sore. I think the woman that led it was one of the asst. coach's ex-wife and had a funny name like Buurma Irby or something similar.

#34 may have taken lessons also, but it was Lynn Swann that started the trend back in the day.

Swann not only took lessons, but he was apparently pretty good (at ballet and football, that is). There was an article about his ballet experience in the AJC recently. I saw him play at BDS in the early 70's, but I can't remember who the SC quarterback was. Anybody remember?

Originally posted by ArchiTECH:
Swann not only took lessons, but he was apparently pretty good (at ballet and football, that is). There was an article about his ballet experience in the AJC recently. I saw him play at BDS in the early 70's, but I can't remember who the SC quarterback was. Anybody remember?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wasn't it Pat Hayden (now Notre Dame shill for NBC)?

Wasn't it Pat Hayden (now Notre Dame shill for NBC)?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yep, that's him. I think he was a Rhodes Scholar. Pretty interesting for USC at the time.
wink.gif

Back