Parking Suggestion for the Game?

i_bleed_gold_white

Varsity Lurker
OK, here's my situation: Normally, we park in one of the lots closest to the Varsity on Spring Street because our tickets are in Section 129 (Gate 10). Also, I have a 6-year old and a 9-year old with me, so we don't do the heavy drinking scene (unless you include Hot Chocolate in that for this game). Finally, we usually drive a Mercedes station wagon...great turning radius...so parking in those tight spaces in those Spring Street lots is no big deal. However, this week I'm also bringing 4 family members from Kentucky, so we'll be in their big Suburban (turns like a tank) and I just don't think we could make the turn into those spaces.

We usually eat at the Varsity and forego the "traditional tailgate". Any suggestions for the NC game this week?

Thanks in advance.

if you forego the traditional tailgating etc. you might seriously want to consider taking the Marta.

park at the nearest Marta station with a park/ride near you, get off at North Ave. it's a block away from the Varsity.

just a viable option/suggestion.

Originally posted by i_bleed_gold_white:

We usually eat at the Varsity and forego the "traditional tailgate". Any suggestions for the NC game this week?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It seems like the BellSouth parking deck on Spring St has been opening up for game day parking this season. We parked in that deck twice this year. You may want to consider this deck for several reasons:
1) It is within a walking block of the tunnel under I-75. Once you exit the tunnel on the GT side, you are almost right at the BDS North entrance.
2) It's within 2 walking blocks of the Varsity if you still feel the need to grease your joints with the Varsity food.
3) They pull the arm gates up and I believe you can negotiate a large SUV into the deck (although it may be tight, I know that I have negotiated a RAM 3500 dually truck into that lot before).
4) I think the last time I paid $10 for football parking so it won't break the bank.

Good luck and enjoy the game.
BuzzB

I beleive you can park at "The Greasey V" for $15. I am takeing Marta from Roswell and meeting some friends at the Varsity, and they ussually park there. However, this week, we are useing my Dads Macafee St Parking Pass. Marta is a good way to go. its cheap, and you avoid all the traffic!(I dont mind it when im not driveing in it)

I dont drive to games, I NEVER know where im going. Some of the things other drivers do
shocked.gif
me and others make me
soapbox.gif
plus, if you are driveing, you probably shouldn't
drinking.gif
I probably wont drink anyway, cause doin so, so early in the morening makes me
puke.gif
it also gives me
fart.gif
, but im really just
rant.gif
and after reading this some of you probably wanna
behead.gif
me. but im not really worried about it, cause I dont think anyones ever really
owned.gif
a Guiten, yet alone, STILL own one, in this century! So anyways, thats the end of my fun little story. Hope you enjoyed it
Oh yeah, back to my point...MARATA is a good way to go. I'll see some of yall there.

God Bless the Varsity!! What would we do without that reference point In our lives?

Back