Patenaude gets a job

gtphd

What a time to be alive
We were 12th in the ACC in points per game and 3rdDown%; kind of hard to blame that all on our pass defense.
When you’re as bad as we are, everything has to contribute to that performance. But when you’re 130 / 130 on a major unit, that’s the first problem to go fix.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I think his title here was OC but I always suspected that there were others making it difficult for him to do his job.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was his ability to respond to adjustments by our opponent's DC.

Go back and watch our first drive against a lot of our opponents. The play-calling was spectacular. NC St. is but one example.

The fourth down call versus Clemson was perfect and we would have beaten Clemson if Key's OL hadn't wiffed on a basic block.

Y'all can blame Pat all you want but I don't think he was the problem.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I think his title here was OC but I always suspected that there were others making it difficult for him to do his job.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was his ability to respond to adjustments by our opponent's DC.

Go back and watch our first drive against a lot of our opponents. The play-calling was spectacular. NC St. is but one example.

The fourth down call versus Clemson was perfect and we would have beaten Clemson if Key's OL hadn't wiffed on a basic block.

Y'all can blame Pat all you want but I don't think he was the problem.
Please let us live the in belief that he was the problem because the alternative is believing the woes will continue.

cbee

Flats Noob
Serious question, would you have said that pre 2021 season. I recall Thacker making im game improvements and the team playing better in the 2nd half of games prior to this season. I was always pissed at the quick scores we typically gave up at the beginning of games. Obviously this season was mind boggling bad.
Can't honestly say what I would have said a year of two ago but can say that given the 3 years of work, the OC would have an advantage over the DC. Neither have been anything to write home about....

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Please let us live the in belief that he was the problem because the alternative is believing the woes will continue.
If you can allow for roster as an alternative then it isn’t

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
We were 12th in the ACC in points per game and 3rdDown%; kind of hard to blame that all on our pass defense.
I'd guess the fact that we gave the opponent a free TD in every 1st quarter affected our offensive gameplan. We were always playing behind and often had to start relying on the OL to pass block (a bad idea).

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I'd guess the fact that we gave the opponent a free TD in every 1st quarter affected our offensive gameplan. We were always playing behind and often had to start relying on the OL to pass block (a bad idea).
Well, against FBS teams we scored a TD three times on our first drive and turned the ball over twice. That’s not good.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
We also were within one score starting the 4th quarter 6 times. We went 1-5 in those games (thanks Duke).

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
The only OC that fell further down the coaching ladder after leaving GT was Pat Nix.