Patenaude or Thacker?

I look at the stat that matters. Final score. I don’t really give a öööö about the FEI when we are losing. FEI was the main retreat of the option first people when we were in the twilight of the Johnson era. We argued about that extensively because we had plenty of games that looked like absolute dogshit under Johnson but the FEI!

And our offense sucks now. I dont dispute that. The only point I was making was that TQM getting sacked before he could even step to the mesh did not mean CPJ called a bad play. Hell, we don’t even know what the play was because it was an abortion at the snap. The same with Coach P and this wet fart of an OL.
I agree with you for the most part. 2015 looked a lot like this year on offense, and ineptitude on the OL was a big part of it. The difference was that 2015 was surrounded by a bunch of really good offensive seasons, so we knew the offense would be good again (which it was ). We’ve got nothing right now to make us believe that about the current offense.

I agree with you for the most part. 2015 looked a lot like this year on offense, and ineptitude on the OL was a big part of it. The difference was that 2015 was surrounded by a bunch of really good offensive seasons, so we knew the offense would be good again (which it was ). We’ve got nothing right now to make us believe that about the current offense.
I’m not comparing Coach P’s playcalling prowess to CPJ. I even conceded that CPJ was top notch at that. The point is that the OL sucks and no offensive coordinator is going to look good when it’s this bad. Not even CPJ.

I’m not comparing Coach P’s playcalling prowess to CPJ. I even conceded that CPJ was top notch at that. The point is that the OL sucks and no offensive coordinator is going to look good when it’s this bad. Not even CPJ.
With how Sewak was regarded this speaks volumes about Key. Collins number one guy. Hell he might become OC if Pnude is fired. Let’s keep Pnude after all.

OL sucked before, still sucks. Same with defensive backfield. Paul could scheme around it on offense against mediocre teams, but that was a bandaid and the wound was infected. Now we're out of bandages and it's getting to the bloodstream.

The offense has shown some sparks this season and was the big project after CPJ left. Also, Patenaude has a resume as an OC. Thacker, on the other hand, seems like a well-spoken guy who would sound good in a job interview, but he has no track record of accomplishing anything as a DC. He’s in over his head and needs to be replaced or demoted.

Heard it directly from the parents of an offensive player. Maybe they don’t know what they are talking about

Collins: We need to change the offense

Pnode: to what?

Collins: NFL style

Pnode: to what NFL style?

Collins: NFL style

Patenaude will be gone. Key will be promoted and given a raise. On defense we will pick up a big name. That’s my guess. Maybe we try to bring Nate Woody back.
Yikes. I don't want Key calling plays. Perhaps he can be the running game coordinator or co-OC.

I just hope Collins can recruit some better coaches like he’s recruited better players. It’s a shame Collins didn’t recruit better coaches to start with.

Got to pay probably double what we are paying the coordinators to recruit decent ones. I think we were hoping the budget guys would overperform, but it didn't turn out that way.

I look at the stat that matters. Final score. I don’t really give a öööö about the FEI when we are losing. FEI was the main retreat of the option first people when we were in the twilight of the Johnson era. We argued about that extensively because we had plenty of games that looked like absolute dogshit under Johnson but the FEI!

And our offense sucks now. I dont dispute that. The only point I was making was that TQM getting sacked before he could even step to the mesh did not mean CPJ called a bad play. Hell, we don’t even know what the play was because it was an abortion at the snap. The same with Coach P and this wet fart of an OL.

Fei only mattered in terms of measuring 1 facet of victory/defeat in 1 particular set of metrics. It mattered insofar as people blaming the offensive scheme for our woes when the defense was often the far bigger issue under cpj. It's just one tool for pinpointing problems that need to be fixed.

Both sides of the ball suck now, and I agree that a majority of the issue on the offensive side is the ol. Not that we'd necessarily be good with a good ol... I'd say the ol has prevented the rest of the offense from being accurately measured.

Got to pay probably double what we are paying the coordinators to recruit decent ones. I think we were hoping the budget guys would overperform, but it didn't turn out that way.
A name coordinator will cost $1M per year. I think we need at least one of those to shore up one side of the ball, if not two. Need an identity… something we can count on game in and game out. Again, big raises for established coordinators is a better use of that $10M than paying a buyout.

Looking at the numbers, I’m not sure how you can make a comparison. After 3 years, the high-water mark is a 2015-type season, only with significantly better talent.

Offensive FEI ratings since FEI was established:

2007 - 67

2008 - 31
2009 - 2
2010 - 61
2011 - 13
2012 - 15
2013 - 33
2014 - 2
2015 - 78
2016 - 29
2017 - 23
2018 - 19

2019 - 94
2020 - 92
2021 - 78

We may have had games where the opponent was well-prepared and stuffed us, but by and large our offense were good every season. I don’t think CDP has earned any benefit of the doubt at this point.
What I wouldn’t do to see an offense like in 2009 and 2014 again… hell, even 2011-2013 wasn’t even that bad.

Back