Path to the Playoff for GT from CFN

With all the unknowns, uncertainties and intangibles, it is impossible to really predict anything now. To me, this is just the time to fasten my seat belt and hope for the best. We surely can't overlook anybody, as Ga. Southern proved last year.

However, before I get too upset about the teams we have to play, I have to remember that they have to play us, too. Plus, while we have to replace some good players and hope to avoid key injuries, every good program has to do that every year.

If we ever get to the point where we go into a season saying, "we don't have any good players to replace and nobody on the team is good enough for him getting injured to hurt us," we'll be in a mighty bad place.

We're going to the playoffs, just not the CFB playoffs.

The NFC South is going to be outrageously bad this year. So bad, in fact, that the NFL will decide no teams deserve a playoff berth. Meanwhile Georgia Tech will have won every game by an average margin of victory of 124.3 points. Closed door meetings take place, rumors spread, then it happens - Georgia Tech will represent the NFC South in the NFL playoffs.

Fast forward several weeks - Justin Thomas is named Super Bowl MVP and Bill Belichick is in the ER after suffering a heart attack during the game. He gathers all his strength to utter on phrase: "assignment football".

"Assignment football"

Dear god, this sounds like some dribble I have read over on sec rant, but sub out GT for LSU/Bama/etc.

The path to the playoffs for GT is to win game 1 and not worry about the rest of the games on the schedule! Take it one week at a time and play with a sense of urgency as an underdog week with a chip on your shoulder and the playoffs will be taken care in due time.

The path to the playoffs for GT is to win game 1 and not worry about the rest of the games on the schedule!

Yeah. I hope we spend all offseason preparing for Acorn St. We need to not look past that game.

Back