Paul Johnson ??

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Gamecocks are going to hire Hugh Freeze. But who knows, they are equally as retarded as UT. So they might hire Sark or something.

The Jacket

The Coat
If Paul Johnson goes anywhere, which I kind of doubt, it'll be somewhere like the Fun Belt. I would say he'd dip back down to 1-AA but that isn't really necessary anymore.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
If Paul Johnson goes anywhere, which I kind of doubt, it'll be somewhere like the Fun Belt. I would say he'd dip back down to 1-AA but that isn't really necessary anymore.
Yep. I know from someone close to the AD at Georgia Southern that he's expressed interest in coaching again. If Georgia Southern cans their coach in the next year or two, it wouldn't shock me for PJ to end up back where he started.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Yep. I know from someone close to the AD at Georgia Southern that he's expressed interest in coaching again. If Georgia Southern cans their coach in the next year or two, it wouldn't shock me for PJ to end up back where he started.
Would make sense.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
If that happens, we legit need to never play them. Southern fans are the worst already. I can’t imagine what pieces of öööö they’ll be if we’re still juicing it up and Johnson beats us.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
If that happens, we legit need to never play them. Southern fans are the worst already. I can’t imagine what pieces of öööö they’ll be if we’re still juicing it up and Johnson beats us.
After Citadel and what will probably be a close game against Kennesaw State next year, I think you can rule that out.

HamiltonFan

Varsity Lurker
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but :lol2:

No P5 football school is going to tie that noose around its own neck
I just don't get what a school like Vanderbilt has to lose? They've had 4 winning seasons in the last 40 years.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
I just don't get what a school like Vanderbilt has to lose? They've had 4 winning seasons in the last 40 years.
Maybe it was during the Orange Bowl win over Missy State or the Taxslayer Bowl win over UK that the announce crew pretty much said the same thing - why doesn't Vandy go to the TO?

johncu

Dodd-Like
Maybe it was during the Orange Bowl win over Missy State or the Taxslayer Bowl win over UK that the announce crew pretty much said the same thing - why doesn't Vandy go to the TO?
The SEC would ööööing HATE if Vandy hired Paul Johnson (or Monken, or Niumatololo), for the same reason much of the ACC did. It forces you to dedicate large amounts of practice time to something that doesn't help you much at all against other teams, and it makes Vandy much more of a threat than their talent level would seem to indicate.

I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will happen.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
KSU will not be a close game. Citadel was a perfect storm. That nonsense ain't happening again
We had experts say we could win one game last year. Ironically they looked at the schedule and said we'd win the Citadel game. We did end up winning three other games. I'm pretty tired about hearing that Citadel was the worse loss ever. Guess what? When you're predicted to lose 9 games plus, the season is going to suck. People forget there was going to be at least a couple of painful years. People forget that it was the hiring in 2008 that guaranteed the painful years when we'd switch back. The expectations have been way too high from the average Joe tech football follower for CGC.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The SEC would ööööing HATE if Vandy hired Paul Johnson (or Monken, or Niumatololo), for the same reason much of the ACC did. It forces you to dedicate large amounts of practice time to something that doesn't help you much at all against other teams, and it makes Vandy much more of a threat than their talent level would seem to indicate.

I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will happen.
I’m not sure they would hate it as much as you think. Thanks to the efforts of Cutcliffe, Beamer, and whatever coach we were playing in a bowl game (when we had one), there have been significant rule changes over the past few years that significantly limited the effectiveness of the option, particularly over the long term. All of the downfield blocking rules effectively neuter the option.