Paul Johnson ??

johncu

Dodd-Like
I’m not sure they would hate it as much as you think. Thanks to the efforts of Cutcliffe, Beamer, and whatever coach we were playing in a bowl game (when we had one), there have been significant rule changes over the past few years that significantly limited the effectiveness of the option, particularly over the long term. All of the downfield blocking rules effectively neuter the option.
This is true, but I still wonder sometimes if we were more affected by rule changes or by a general lack of talent, no good QBs, and a bunch of coaches who had played against us for years in a row.

I guess we’ll never know for sure, but one thing I do know is that Vandy would be a hell of a lot better under someone like CPJ than anything they’ve had in my lifetime other than a very short period under James Franklin.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
If that happens, we legit need to never play them. Southern fans are the worst already. I can’t imagine what pieces of öööö they’ll be if we’re still juicing it up and Johnson beats us.
Never? That's kind of a pussy move.
Is that the poster on your wall or do you just use your imagination when wanking off to CPJ?
Just a reminder to Tech football haters like you of fairly recent accomplishments.

joeye

Varsity Connoisseur
He’s getting ready to take the Nebraska job when it becomes available

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Rumor I have heard is Vandy is Looking to fire Mason and Hire Coach Johnson and reunite him with Ted Roof..

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Michigan isn't offering their job to a triple option coach. Nebraska won't either, but there's probably at least a contingent of their fan base still aboard the 'Huskers for Johnson' train.
I would think that any team even considering it (a tiny list, at best) would be looking at Monken at this point, anyway. Younger and has probably innovated more than CPJ has with it recently.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
We had experts say we could win one game last year. Ironically they looked at the schedule and said we'd win the Citadel game. We did end up winning three other games. I'm pretty tired about hearing that Citadel was the worse loss ever. Guess what? When you're predicted to lose 9 games plus, the season is going to suck. People forget there was going to be at least a couple of painful years. People forget that it was the hiring in 2008 that guaranteed the painful years when we'd switch back. The expectations have been way too high from the average Joe tech football follower for CGC.
It’s The Citadel. When you take an ass kicking like that, you need to get the name right.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Michigan isn't offering their job to a triple option coach. Nebraska won't either, but there's probably at least a contingent of their fan base still aboard the 'Huskers for Johnson' train.
Oh, I agree. I just figured that if we were already in Fantasyland, we might as well get on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Paul Johnson is not going to Nebraska . . . or Michigan.

Now, Hugh Freeze . . .

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
If that happens, we legit need to never play them. Southern fans are the worst already. I can’t imagine what pieces of öööö they’ll be if we’re still juicing it up and Johnson beats us.
We'd beat the öööö out of em. Guarantee it.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Can’t see anyone outside of FCS or an academy want CPJ at this point
I could see a G5 team going for it. But I doubt he would. Although I guess if the money is right.

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob
Yep. I know from someone close to the AD at Georgia Southern that he's expressed interest in coaching again. If Georgia Southern cans their coach in the next year or two, it wouldn't shock me for PJ to end up back where he started.
I really don'tknow whyany coach would want to get back in what with the covid situation??