Paul Johnson ??

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
I hope he ends up at Tennessee. Give the dwags more competition in the East, and rekindle the Freeze vs. Mullen rivalry.
Michigan > Tennessee > Nebraska >>> South Carolina

Least that's the way I see it.

But like you, I'm hoping Tennessee gets Hugh Freeze.

I like the way the SEC keeps recycling mediocre coaches from the past (Muschamp, Kiffin, Nutt, Orgeron, Mullen, . . . not to mention Bielema, Butch Jones, McElwain . . . ) and hiring former Nick Satan assistants, to desperately try to find anyone who can consistently play with Bama. It's a strong plan which has worked well so far (e.g., last I checked, Satan is 22-0 against former assistants, beating them by a combined score of 945-380). And I hope they continue with this plan until Satan finally retires. One of these losers is probably going to hire Harbaugh after UMich dumps him.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
ne of these losers is probably going to hire Harbaugh after UMich dumps him.
A NY Post columnist was practically begging the Jets (J-E-T-S! Suck! Suck! Suck! ... sorry ... not a Jets fan ... got a little carried away... anywho) to hire Harbaugh today

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
A NY Post columnist was practically begging the Jets (J-E-T-S! Suck! Suck! Suck! ... sorry ... not a Jets fan ... got a little carried away... anywho) to hire Harbaugh today
Anyone but Gase. If I was Sunshine, I'd come back to Clemson for my senior year just to avoid getting saddled with that loser.

I'm really not sure why Harbaugh failed at UMich. He did well at Stanford and even took the Niners to a SB. Seems like he can coach.

Maybe he didn't evolve to the pass happy nature of college football nowadays.

Or maybe the problem is . . . Michigan?

cyptomcat

Hibernating

I like the way the SEC keeps recycling mediocre coaches from the past (Muschamp, Kiffin, Nutt, Orgeron, Mullen, . . . not to mention Bielema, Butch Jones, McElwain . . . ) and hiring former Nick Satan assistants, to desperately try to find anyone who can consistently play with Bama. It's a strong plan which has worked well so far (e.g., last I checked, Satan is 22-0 against former assistants, beating them by a combined score of 945-380). And I hope they continue with this plan until Satan finally retires. One of these losers is probably going to hire Harbaugh after UMich dumps him.
I prefer we don't have to recruit against Freeze, so hopefully not Tennessee or South Carolina.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
They are sitting winless on a clear path to get Trevor Lawrence.

Harbaugh did succeed in most places he has been, so I can see the Jets giving him a shot. NFL cycles through coaches pretty fast anyway. They can give it a try for couple years.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
If that happens, we legit need to never play them. Southern fans are the worst already. I can’t imagine what pieces of öööö they’ll be if we’re still juicing it up and Johnson beats us.
Stansbury needs to get this tattooed on his chest.

EagleSting

Damn Good Rat
He's not coming to GS. He reached out to the GS AD to get in touch with a booster. If PJ was anywhere within earshot of Statesboro, you wouldn't need to get on some football forum to know about it.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
They are sitting winless on a clear path to get Trevor Lawrence.

Harbaugh did succeed in most places he has been, so I can see the Jets giving him a shot. NFL cycles through coaches pretty fast anyway. They can give it a try for couple years.
Not so fast my friend.

Sunshine is a junior. He has another year of elibility and would be wise to remind the Jets of this and encourage them to make a trade. Jets are one of the three all-time worst NFL franchises and a career killer. And even for the Jets, the current team and coach are historically awful. As long as it's not the Lions or Bungles, any place else that the Jets would trade the pick would be better for Lawrence than the Jets. Even this miserable Jags.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that he will be doomed to waste his talents with the horrible Jets.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
He's not coming to GS. He reached out to the GS AD to get in touch with a booster. If PJ was anywhere within earshot of Statesboro, you wouldn't need to get on some football forum to know about it.
And it took him four hours to get the contact info for the booster, I guess.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

I wouldn't say Mullen is a mediocre coach. He turned Mississippi State into a winner, and has Florida in the CFP picture in year 3.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
A NY Post columnist was practically begging the Jets to hire Harbaugh today
Well if anybody knows what's best for the NY Jets, its some out of work New York journalist grovelling for clicks.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
I wouldn't say Mullen is a mediocre coach. He turned Mississippi State into a winner, and has Florida in the CFP picture in year 3.
Fair point. He's a recycled SEC coach, but I agree he is not mediocre. I wasn't thinking clearly when I lumped him in with that crew. My mistake.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Well if anybody knows what's best for the NY Jets, its some out of work New York journalist grovelling for clicks.
What if they are a jets fan? They might not have a Jetstalk that has been in shambles for two years.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Am I mistaken but I thought 2020 was not counting against a player's eligibility?
If that's true, then he still has TWO more years of eligibility. All the better for him to tell the Jests to go pound sand. If he goes there, he will have a crappy career like every other QB since Namath, and like just about every player at any poisition since Namath. The Jets are a death sentence. He seems like a good kid, even though he's at Clemson, so I guess I'm just wishing a better fate for him.

18in32

Petard Hoister
If that's true, then he still has TWO more years of eligibility. All the better for him to tell the Jests to go pound sand. If he goes there, he will have a crappy career like every other QB since Namath, and like just about every player at any poisition since Namath. The Jets are a death sentence. He seems like a good kid, even though he's at Clemson, so I guess I'm just wishing a better fate for him.
You gotta weigh that against the risk of getting injured. The injury insurance is way way less than the guaranteed signing bonus. Two years of ball at Clemson vs. two years of ball at Jets is probably a similar level of injury risk, but the monetary rewards are vastly different.

Any QB that's projected to go in the top 5 is a fool to stay in school, and I'm as big a proponent of staying in school as you'll find. But we're talking millions and millions of dollars differential.