per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

Maybe it's just me, but I got the impression that she thought we should investigate CPJ for coaching the kids to say the right things to the investigators so he could get his 200 G's.

That's exactly what the stupid cunt was implying. öööö her.

The whole conference seemed like an NCAA pity play. That's probably the smart thing to do in any case, but I think we're setting up for an appeal. I think we at least deserve the 2009 ACC title back. At least.

And I hope Bay bay will donate some money back to the university. Then again, we don't know that he did anything wrong.

The whole conference seemed like an NCAA pity play. That's probably the smart thing to do in any case, but I think we're setting up for an appeal. I think we at least deserve the 2009 ACC title back. At least.

And I hope Bay bay will donate some money back to the university.

Buck and Kincaid harping on GT giving back the bowl money. They still don't get that the conference gets the money and shares it, it really does not matter who played in the game, except for covering expenses unless I am missing something.

This is bullshit:

On Thursday August 19, 2010, Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance Paul Parker
received a telephone call and an e-mail from a fan informing him of comments posted on
Facebook by Dede Campbell. The comments inferred that Ms. Campbell was befriending
and possibly buying gifts for some of the University’s football student-athletes, including
football student-athlete Terence Barnes. Similar e-mails were also sent to Director of
Athletics Dan Radakovich and Senior Associate Director of Athletics Paul Griffin.
The compliance staff immediately interviewed Barnes about whether he accepted items from
Dede Campbell. Dede and Archie Campbell are representatives of University’s athletics
interests because they previously were football season ticket holders and contributed to the
Athletic Association. Barnes reported that Dede Campbell “friended” him on Facebook, and
they began conversing. He said the Campbells took him and a friend to the Georgia
Aquarium and bought them lunch at the Aquarium.
The compliance staff also interviewed the Campbells. The couple admitted to taking Barnes,
along with a friend of his, to the Georgia Aquarium. The couple also admitted to buying
Barnes and his friend a hot dog and two drinks (a total value of approximately $64 for tickets
and food). The Campbells also stated they provided Barnes with a bag of non-perishable
items (a total value of approximately $10). The Campbells reported that they believed they
could provide these items because they were no longer season ticket holders and no longer
were boosters. They apologized for their lack of knowledge and stated that they had no
intention of violating any NCAA rules.
The University conducted an interview and rules education session with the Campbells and
Barnes. Barnes was declared ineligible, paid $74 to a charity of his choice, and was
reinstated. The Campbells were issued a cease and desist letter from providing any benefits
to student-athletes in the future. They were not disassociated due to their sincere belief about
not realizing they still retained booster status and their extreme remorsefulness over the​
violation (See Exhibit 7-1).

And I hope Bay bay will donate some money back to the university.

Just by listening to both Bud and Drad, I thought it was fairly obvious they were taking some shots at the report. I am seeing an appeal.

How the öööö did that stupid bitch get a job covering anything other then a dick with her mouth. Those 2 questions were both retarded.

The first one was clearly snide and she damn well knew the answer. It was a shot at Coach Johnson who D-Rad had just spent the prior 10 minutes exonerating of any wrong doing. Indeed the NCAA has his name nowhere on the radar.

The second was just her throwing her hand in the air and asking a dumb ass open ended question. "Are you going to move forward?" No you ööööing idiot. We're going to jump off the North Avenue bridge. Our team is so upset they are all transferring to Indiana U. to get on your younger sister to assuage their deep depression.

What an idiot. CPJ did something to öööö in her uterus. I'm not sure what, but to bring up his personal comp in that context was just idiotic.

because paul and the player told the truth to the NCAA. When asked, the player told them he talked to paul. Paul wasn't supposed to know. The ncaa asked our AD to keep it between them so it didn't hamper the investigation.

Drad freely admitted to taking the matter to CPJ. It's in the report, and it was said again, by him, in the presser.

Drad screwed this up, SEC-style.

---SO--SA's had better be be very "careful" about accepting clothing from family members--WTF--this is utterly INSANE. DRad stated that the players totally denied receiving ANYTHING--guess guilty til proven innocent--to HELL with the NCAA and UGAG.

We should also grab that guy remaining on the camera as a ööööing nose tackle, he must be 5900 lbs.

This is bullshit:​

On Thursday August 19, 2010, Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance Paul Parker
received a telephone call and an e-mail from a fan informing him of comments posted on
Facebook by Dede Campbell. The comments inferred that Ms. Campbell was befriending
and possibly buying gifts for some of the University’s football student-athletes, including
football student-athlete Terence Barnes. Similar e-mails were also sent to Director of
Athletics Dan Radakovich and Senior Associate Director of Athletics Paul Griffin.
The compliance staff immediately interviewed Barnes about whether he accepted items from
Dede Campbell. Dede and Archie Campbell are representatives of University’s athletics
interests because they previously were football season ticket holders and contributed to the
Athletic Association. Barnes reported that Dede Campbell “friended” him on Facebook, and
they began conversing. He said the Campbells took him and a friend to the Georgia
The compliance staff also interviewed the Campbells. The couple admitted to taking Barnes,
along with a friend of his, to the Georgia Aquarium. The couple also admitted to buying
Barnes and his friend a hot dog and two drinks (a total value of approximately $64 for tickets
and food). The Campbells also stated they provided Barnes with a bag of non-perishable
items (a total value of approximately $10). The Campbells reported that they believed they
could provide these items because they were no longer season ticket holders and no longer
were boosters. They apologized for their lack of knowledge and stated that they had no
The University conducted an interview and rules education session with the Campbells and
Barnes. Barnes was declared ineligible, paid $74 to a charity of his choice, and was
reinstated. The Campbells were issued a cease and desist letter from providing any benefits
to student-athletes in the future. They were not disassociated due to their sincere belief about
not realizing they still retained booster status and their extreme remorsefulness over the

I can't believe that actually ööööing happened.

I can't believe it!

If you had told any of us on the Oh **** thread last year that this would come to fruition, my mind would have exploded and damn well came close today. Good Lord.

Well if we received this punishment then UNC, Barn, and OSU better get the ööööing death penalty.
Oh and Heather Dinich is a stupid whore. And Dede should euthanize herself.

I'm so glad that demjackets highly recommended we watch it.
Maybe he was just acknowledging that we've already completely wasted our day and we might as well go for gold right before we pack up to leave work?

Drad freely admitted to taking the matter to CPJ. It's in the report, and it was said again, by him, in the presser.

Drad screwed this up, SEC-style.

Really? That's the BIG DEAL? As DRad said, the student would have gone to CPJ as soon as the NCAA contacted him. Is it really our fault that the NCAA has some retarted SOP for interviewing student athletes under investigation? For most of them, their coach is like their second father. Give me a ööööing break. DRad's only öööö up was overlooking that the NCAA rules are not common sense rules.

This is bullshit:

not realizing they still retained booster status and their extreme remorsefulness over the​

If D*d* wasn't a legend, she is now. Wow.

Just by listening to both Bud and Drad, I thought it was fairly obvious they were taking some shots at the report. I am seeing an appeal.

My take was that Bud and DRad had their tails between their legs and they had no choice but to move forward. I definitely expect no appeal based on the conciliatory language in the release and verbally in the presser. Drad did say he disagreed with some things, namely that anything was done below board, but that's an easy crutch. It sounded like DRad kept Hewitt's Teflon shield after he was let go.

They played it very diplomatically. When the body that sanctioned you is also the body that will hear the appeal (yes, different committee, but still NCAA), you don't rain down fire and brimstone during the presser. You write a very strong appeal. I've not worked extensively with Bud, but I worked with Dan a good deal as a student leader and he was definitely playing his cards exactly the way he needed to here.

I can't believe that actually ööööing happened.

I can't believe it!

If you had told any of us on the Oh **** thread last year that this would come to fruition, my mind would have exploded and damn well came close today. Good Lord.

I told you. As did beej. As did several others when all of that öööö was going down. Any infraction, no matter how seemingly insignificant, can come back and bite you. We just got ööööed over less than $400. Way to ööööing go, Dede.

This is bullshit:

Kind of disappointed that Tech didn't disassociate itself with them.

Guys, if you did not pick up on the many undertones of Bud and Dan bitch slapping the NCAA, then you're idiots. This presser was well done and did a great job of tactfully inserting the HUGE GT shaft of which we are all too familiar, into the NCAA's tight anus...

Back