Peters Parking

buffydores

Varsity Lurker
Evening Folks, what can you tell me about Peters Parking. We have a shin-dig there before the game. I would like to hear your thoughts about the place. I'm counting the days before our head-on collision with the Ramblin' Wreck. Word....

Its a little parking deck over behind the Varsity east of I-75. Good luck getting to the game on time. PS, don't leave any valuables in your car
wink.gif

Wise1, your name is dead on with with one. LOL Dang man!

Buffy has been nice to us over here.
wink.gif
Peters Parking deck is right next to the north stands at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Real close. It's a "pass only" deck. There is some pretty good tailgating going on over in there. Should have a good time.

Good luck before and after the game starts my friend!

My advice on Peters Parking:

Unless you intend on getting there REALLY early and leaving REALLY late, don't park at Peters. It's located across the the street from the north stands and is sandwiched between many of the big frat & sorority houses - which have their own parties, too.

The team and band busses usually park on the street next to Peters, making it really tough to get in and out.

If it's raining, bring a life ring. Peters tends to flood really badly. One time I saw a couple of students building an ark there.

If none of this bothers you, it's a great place to party and then walk across the street to the game.

Hope y'all have a good time down here.

BBR

I think it's a great place to be, right next to the stadium and where the team will walk (yellow jacket alley). Because of the team (which gets there 2 1/2 hours before kickoff) you do have to get there early, but that's the fun of tailgating. You do have to have a pass however, you can't just go in.

18 Days til TML!!!

Originally posted by Big Bubba Ray:
My advice on Peters Parking:

Unless you intend on getting there REALLY early and leaving REALLY late, don't park at Peters. It's located across the the street from the north stands and is sandwiched between many of the big frat & sorority houses - which have their own parties, too.

The team and band busses usually park on the street next to Peters, making it really tough to get in and out.

If it's raining, bring a life ring. Peters tends to flood really badly. One time I saw a couple of students building an ark there.

If none of this bothers you, it's a great place to party and then walk across the street to the game.

Hope y'all have a good time down here.

BBR
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's a good summary on Peter's. The flood thing is true Buffy. Peters was built below the water table.

I park in Peters, and find it very convenient. I get there early and park in the corner of the upper deck closest to the stadium. Closest tailgating location! And with JYA moving back to Brittain Drive, it will be in view.

For all but the big games, you can drive right in anytime an hour before the game. It will be a more direct drive this year, now that the sewer work is FINALLY finished. For big games, you want to go early, as they overbook somewhat.

Have never understood the visitor vehicles in Peters. GTAA apparently gives out some passes. A tit for tat thing, I suppose. The whole corner was full of Maryland fans for the Maryland game. They were a pain after the game.

Pretty sure the flooding is a thing of the past, but it only affected the lower deck anyway.

Back