Phone Call from GTAA

ArchiTECH

Flats Noob
Got a phone call today from a rep at the Athletic Association. My name is apparently in the database for folks who bought basketball tickets. So, the phone call was to ask me to please consider buying football tickets since they (Tech) really need to "move" (the rep's word) some tickets. This is a wee bit disturbing to me that Mother Tech has resorted to telemarketing to sell football tickets. I already have football tickets, so I'm now curious as to the quality of their basic bookkeeping - but that's another complaint for another time. I guess my pride is hurt a bit with the obvious lack of ticket sells. The Dawgs will love this.

Here is something I told the rep that I think affects ticket sales for us mortals. At the Samford game, a soda cost $4.00, peanuts $3.50, a Tech cup $3.00, etc. etc. I told the rep that the GTAA should consider what these prices do to a family of four attending a game. It's gouging. I realize concession prices are NOT the major factors that keep fans from the games (it's the same everywhere) but it does affect how many games I will attend. MARTA for four both ways is $14, tickets are about $25 to $35, so if you feed your crew you're looking at about $175 to $200 per game. It figures into my attendance.

AGREE...completely

$4 for bottled water. The price of concessions is total ripoff and it is very disappointing.

If we win saturday I think the rest of the tx will be bought. If we lose then there will be empty seats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Re: AGREE...completely

I understand your concerns but really don't think Tech's prices sound out of line with others I've seen. It's just the cost of things today.

excellent observation,when your supply is large and demand is small ,you make price concessions,even I learned that in IM courses at MaTech

Back