Picture from the Past..................

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
defense-lg-0101.jpg

Were you there? Seemed like every season ticket holder must've ordered a Gator Bowl ticket and taken a friend as the Tech crowd far outnumbered the Irish nation. Yellow pompoms galore.

Dez had a nice day, as did Nate Stimson on "D". And who could forget those killer birds in Jacksonville constantly running around on the field?

Including the New Year's bash at the Landing featuring Charlie Daniels, this was the best Bowl I'd ever been too and hopefully a bigger and better one will come along in my lifetime.

goodspeed-lg-0101.jpg

I was there!! What a great environment. I believe we sold about 23k tix and GT fans were everywhere! We went to every event and celebrated big time after the game! Wonderful 4 days.

Same with the Citrus Bowl. Reminded me of the Citrus Bowl when we brought about 30k and took over Orlando! Another great time and celebration after the game!!!!!
drinking.gif

I can also remember that game being the "start" of the "end" for Irish Coach Bob Davie (<-sp?) who admitted that the Jackets beat them with total team speed and that Notre Dame had a ways to go in recruiting to get that kind of quickness.

Thanks, 2 Big. Just read the article and boy did it bring back some good times!

Amazing day...I don't think I had experienced that much euphoria since 1-1-91. I even had a Notre Dame fan try to pick a fight with me walking back to the shuttle buses. He had his wife and kid with them and even the wife was yelling at us. The irony is that my mother was the one saying "Go Jackets" and it was not directed at them. To see that much anger in their eyes completely erased the pain I endured following the 1997 FUBAR and the debacle of 1976 (if memory serves)...64-14 Irish.

Back