Play calling,coaching wasn't the undoing...

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
Play calling,coaching wasn\'t the undoing...

Drive stopping fumbles, misreads by qb, that was the undoing. No depth on def, and a soft zone didn't help either.The underneath route killed us the whole game.
drinking.gif
JMHO

Re: Play calling,coaching wasn\'t the undoing...

Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
Drive stopping fumbles, misreads by qb, that was the undoing. No depth on def, and a soft zone didn't help either.The underneath route killed us the whole game.
drinking.gif
JMHO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why does everyone keep bringing up the fumbles. BYU had plenty of TOs too. At least our fumbles were not on our side of the field. Besides, it's usually the difference in the number that really matters and as I recall we only one more than they did.

While it is true that our defense was thin and our zone soft, that defense managed to stop them on three separate occasions to a fourth down situation, which they went for and got each time (once for a TD). I blame that on BYU's lack of respect for our conservative offensive scheme. Even the TV announcers commented as much.

Those fourth down conversions not only led to substantially longer, tiring drives, but also is a huge let down for the defense and their psyhcie.

TO's are part of the game,...you deal with them and get ready for next week. What killed us was the vanilla offense. MY GOD,..let the kid play. Take the reigns off and let's play some football. Gailey's approach,..trying to keep it close, is going to run our defense into a heart-attack. Those guys are flying around the football, but we put them on the field way to long. Let Reggie take some chances. We can live the mistakes that are inevitable from a very talented freshman signal-caller. What we can't live with is Chan Gailey as our head coach. Our players deserve better,..our fans deserve better,....our program deserves better than the gutless effort you have given to date.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
TO's are part of the game,...you deal with them and get ready for next week. What killed us was the vanilla offense.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Really???
That doesn't explain the turn-around we saw during the Peach Bowl Second Half....
Bottom line, you lose the turnover battle, you're likely to lose the game.

Turnovers remove possessions. The only problem with the offense was the lack of a change of pace.

Either a speed back or varying the play clock would have helped.

Our offense needs to put pressure on the defense to react/make plays.

I think we have the pieces to win some games.
Offense and defense did not work together on Thursday. Each player must make fewer mistakes.

Give'em Hell, Tech!

Regarding the play calling, in an effort to be objective as I start to sober up from Thursday night's game, suppose a few of the long balls had hit.Would we still be talking about the game plan.My initial reaction was thinking that i hadn't seen an offensive game plan like that since Curry left, but objectively there was an attempt to stretch the field. I remember how Joe H. struggled with that throw early on. If Reggie makes the same progress as JH, look out as we will be "balling out of control in the ATL." (I have a boy who plays HS football and this is the kind of crap he says so I thought I would pass it along as I don't have a friggin' clue as to what in means.
tongue.gif
)

Originally posted by B:
If Reggie makes the same progress as JH, look out as we will be "balling out of control in the ATL." (I have a boy who plays HS football and this is the kind of crap he says so I thought I would pass it along as I don't have a friggin' clue as to what in means.
tongue.gif
)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">B
That is absolutely not crap.
IF I could come up with that I would have many more fly honies feelin' my shiznit.

"Ballin in the ATL"

That should be our theme for the season. 107.5 would feel that fo sho

Back