Please Chan Gailey and Dave Braine

statelinejacket

Damn Good Rat
Chan, please resign now! This seasons first game shows you have no clue on how to do this job from the offensive side of the football. Before this year is a wash out for the players, the rest of the staff, the school and the alumni and fans, walk upstairs and iniatiate a fair settlement to your contract. Getting out now so the team can go in another direction before the season is lost would give you newfound respect from the Tech alumni, the media and just us fans in my opionion. Not that that is something you care about but it is something to carry away with you as well as all that cash you would take away. Dave Braine, to possibly save your own hide I would place Jon Tenuta in charge for the rest of the season at least. I have a feeling about this coach. He could breath some of his fire into this offence that desparatly needs it! I was very impressed with him and his approach to coaching. He most assuredly would put his personality into the offensive coaching staff and players. A wholescale change over is not necessary in staff or players. Just in its personality and execution and Coach Tenuta is the man for the job. His college resume is much more impressive than Coach Gailey's pro resume in my opinion. No doubt Reggie Ball could really prosper in wide open attacking offence. If Reggie is prospering the rest of the entire squad surely would. Lets do it today, turn over a leaf and head forward with a bang instead of this half-step at a time Coach Gailey espouses. This whole mess reminds me of General Maclellan and the Union Army. That man was scared to move on Richmond even when he had all the advantages and General Lee played him like a fiddle humming Dixie! Ole Abe knew he had to change generals just to save his own hide among all his other reasons. True we don't have all the advantages, but we have much more than we give ourselves credit for. Dave Braine you just may save your own hide and then we can move with confidence on Auburn, Florida State, Clemson, and all others until we finally get our chance to move on Athens, Georgia and bring out some hobnailed boots of our own!

We have greater issues with Dave than Chan. But thanks for your opinion.

stateline, enough already. We know that you don't like Chan's attitude. You like a coach who gets in guys faces and screams alot. Okay, we get it. Nobody is going to resign. Get over it. If you want to talk about offensive sets or schemes or whatever okay. But this personality stuff is crap.

Geeze..
pat.gif

One game into the season and the resign talk is here. Some of you guys really amaze me.

Why should CG forfeit ridiculous salary?

Didn't DB offer to resign but Clough would not accept?

What a pathetic state of affairs!

Originally posted by ncjacket:
stateline, enough already. We know that you don't like Chan's attitude. You like a coach who gets in guys faces and screams alot. Okay, we get it. Nobody is going to resign. Get over it. If you want to talk about offensive sets or schemes or whatever okay. But this personality stuff is crap.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">To say this personality stuff is crap is missing the point completely. Our offence has none! We now have lost four out of the last five with the only win a lackluster one against Duke. We expected changes when this season started. Are you excited about what you saw thursday and can you contain yourself about this saturday when Auburn comes to town. I believe CBS Sportsline has us ranked #93! Now that is a bunch of crap. Crap that is being thrown the nation about our football team. We have no business being in that neighborhood of the rankings. Just exactly what would you consider hitting rock bottom as far as an offensive performance by the Jackets? I can't bare to think of anything worse. Thankfully Reggie Ball did'nt implode. Regretfully Reggie was not allowed to do much more than pitch the ball back to P.J. Daniels or toss it over to Jonathan Smith. What do you expect Coach Gailey will have in mind for Auburn? Please answer. I expect more of the same. Like it or not Coach Gailey's personality is being imprinted on this team. Do you think that is a positive? Never mind because I am sure you and others believe so. Well whatever, nothing personal because both of us want to see Tech succeed on and off the field.

All this personality stuff is not "crap". Teams reflect personality of coach. If you don't believe that, ask Dan Reeves. He just said so after Falcons loss at Cleveland.
drinking.gif

I have but 1 question for you Stateline (maybe a few more):

Which of the 3 fumbles and 1 INT (3 inside the 14 yd line) was Gailey responsible for? WHich one did he send the "fumble" play into the huddle?

If he was NOT responsible for making the tough decision to start a true freshman QB over a 5th year Sr. due to his ineptitude, then who was?

Was it CCG or Tenuta that failed to stop ANY 4th down attempt? What about the 9+ minute drive that essentially broke the Defenses back? Or the constant TE drags across the middle that was there whenever BYU needed a 1st down?

If the performance was so mediocre Thursday night, then how did GT outgain BYU on the ground while only having the ball 1/2 as long? How did they get over 1 yard per carry avg. more than BYU if the play calling was that horrific?

Originally posted by Buzz4Him:
I have but 1 question for you Stateline (maybe a few more):

Which of the 3 fumbles and 1 INT (3 inside the 14 yd line) was Gailey responsible for? WHich one did he send the "fumble" play into the huddle?

If he was NOT responsible for making the tough decision to start a true freshman QB over a 5th year Sr. due to his ineptitude, then who was?

Was it CCG or Tenuta that failed to stop ANY 4th down attempt? What about the 9+ minute drive that essentially broke the Defenses back? Or the constant TE drags across the middle that was there whenever BYU needed a 1st down?

If the performance was so mediocre Thursday night, then how did GT outgain BYU on the ground while only having the ball 1/2 as long? How did they get over 1 yard per carry avg. more than BYU if the play calling was that horrific?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The players are responsible for their own fumbles natually. But how did turnovers get treated in practice? I can answer that.....By going onto the next play. No corrective action was instilled in the offending player. Therefore it is logical to assume if turnovers are tolerated in practice why would a player be more focused to hold onto the ball during a game? Also all the 4th down conversions was for short yardage and attempted due to lack of respect for the offence. Also going with a true freshman quarterback is an indictement of this coaching staff (and Billy O'Brien) failure to develope a highly capable quarterback from the ones already on the roster, namely AJ Suggs and Damarius Bilbo. I guess you will have to ask Coach Tenuta about the tight ends over the middle.

Well, I think the next fumbler should be murdered. Pour encourager les autres.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">...or maybe cut off their fumbling arm.

state line , he will get to finish the season, then his butt is out of here , look for jimmy robinson or glenn spencer.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would'nt be that drastic. I would settle for jerking them out of practice for a few trips up and down Bobby Dodd Stadium's steps before being reintroduced to the football and how to hold on to it. Looked like Jimmy Dixon could use a few trips on them steps.

It really blows me away that some people who post on here are Tech people. Honestly. You have to have a brain to go to GT and some people I wonder about. Either that or take the calculator out of your ass. That might help you relax a little.

Originally posted by kirbee:
Either that or take the calculator out of your ass. That might help you relax a little.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">kirbee,

That reminds me of this old joke:

Did you hear about the constipated accountant?

He worked it out with a pencil.
wink.gif

Perhaps if he had tried to work it out with a calculator, he would have ended up with it up his 'arse' also, like your example above.

Maybe that would help some of these FOCers relax....but winning a few ballgames would probably help more!!
tongue.gif

Originally posted by kirbee:
It really blows me away that some people who post on here are Tech people. Honestly. You have to have a brain to go to GT and some people I wonder about. Either that or take the calculator out of your ass. That might help you relax a little.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Despite the fact your post was aimed at me I still think it was humurous. Maybe your right, maybe I need to relax. Fortunatly thats not my personality. I believe in living life to its fullest.

Originally posted by Buzz4Him:
AlaGold,
Maybe I do come across as one who takes out half sentences. You are correct in that the bottom line was 13-24.

However, all I was attempting to do was shed some reality on the statment that CCG "Has no clue how to do this job". I see no facts to support this.

The fact is, there are very few teams, if any, that can turn the ball over 4 times in the red zone and expect to come away with a win.

As to how to prevent the TOs, that is another issue. Just as 4 INTs in a half (last years SVB) was correctable. CCG corrected it. He put the athlete in another position to help utilize his talents.

Here is another "bottom line" fact:
Avg yds per play = 5.2

Is that not good enough? Probably not for some people here. Definitely not if a team turns the ball over like we did. However, take away these misques (maybe just 2 of the 4) and the "13-24 bottom line" would be a lot different.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Can you die hard supporters get it through your thick heads that turnovers are part of the game? What kind of stupid argument is that? Take away the interceptions and fumbles from BYU and we'd have lost by 40.

The responsibility of misques ultimately fall on the head coach. By your logic, the greatest coach in the world could plausibly never win a game because his kids keep turning it over. I tell you that the good coaches will find a way to make sure they don't turn it over. Whether that's using corporal punishment, getting in the player's face, benching them, making them run laps, whatever, that's the head coach's job.

I agree that CG appeared to limit the number of interceptions from last year (although perhaps at the expense of our passing game), so I'm not going to crucify him for all the fumbles in the first game. But the guy better instil his players with a stronger urgency to hold onto the ball for the rest of the season.

Easy going demeanor is fine when you're winning. If you're not, you better try something else.

I worked for one of the largest companies in the world and I will say this had I kept failing at my job even if it was the people under me actually doing the job, my fanny would have been gone and they would not have talked about or even considered severance pay.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
I worked for one of the largest companies in the world and I will say this had I kept failing at my job even if it was the people under me actually doing the job, my fanny would have been gone and they would not have talked about or even considered severance pay.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OF: Can you say that once again for the masses?
Thank you!

Back