Please consider one thing before you post. (long)

Originally posted by ncjacket:
stateline, geniune talents at what? Three of the kids you name are QBs who have moved. Two moved before this year. They are talented athletically, but still either searching for their best position or learning it. Matthews has been playing, where have you been? And it's kind of hard to develop PJ into the 3rd leading rusher in the ACC and still satisfy you by developing ACE. Only one can start.

I don't have a problem with your concerns about Gailey. But your post general statements that cannot be demonstrated. Yes our offensive stats suck, but the question is why. You haven't offered any opinions on that. Do you have any?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here goes. The offensive schemes are of a pro set style that is simple and very predictable. We are no true triple option threat. The fullback is no running or pass catching threat. We have no shot gun. We never flood one side with recievers only to throw to someone dragging across to the other side. We use only very basic formations and we run very basic plays out of them. We have very little focus or dicipline. We don't stick to our blocks and we drop passes like the ball is on fire. These result from poor practicing of proper tecniques. We have too many pass plays where the ball is thrown only 1-5 yards past the line of scrimmage. There is no reason to scout the other teams offense because we never try to pick out and exploit a weakness such as a cornerback or a slow linebacker. We have evolved very little from the BYU game until now. Too basic, poor fundementals, basic gameplans, no ability to adjust to game situations. All of this is stuff that will kill an offense. P.S. How many rushes does Mathews have? How many passes has he caught? I have not heard his number called on radio, T.V., or in person. And just how long should the coaches have to develop players such as Logan and Bilbo into offensive threats? Just how many dropped passes should be tolerated? Just how many blocks should be missed? I sure would like an answer.

Originally posted by golftango18yankeejuliet:
Stateline-
No matter what, the number of wins is the bottom line. If it is not, who are we developing the players for? If we are developing them so they can play professional ball then we are nothing more than a farm team and there is no sense in making them go to school. In my opinion, wins for Georgia Tech are the bottom line.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wins are the bottom line. But there is no future in winning as we have. The Duke and Clemson games should magnify that for everybody. There is no way a defense can shoulder the load for the offense and special teams in every game.

GTCrew,

If NC State had not lossed to us would they be ranked in the top 10? NO

If Maryland had not lossed to us would they be in the top 15? NO

Is Virginia ranked in the top 15 now? NO

Would Wake Forest be ranked in the top 25 if they had not lossed to us? NO

Would Auburn be ranked in the top 10 if they had not lossed to us? NO

These teams were clearly overrated in the preseason polls and their performances bear that out. Of course if you think you know more than the coaches and media guys that vote in polls then there is probably no convincing you otherwise.

Who I am more afraid to play in the top 25 than Wake or UVA? You are kidding right? FSU, Virginia Tech, Miami (Oh wait they don't count), Nebraska, Florida, Mississippi, Pitt, pretty much all of them except maybe the MAC teams that have not played anyone.

Of course, Northern Illinois beat Maryland.

And just for the record, who hasn't almost beaten Ohio State?

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
Working hard is not always working smart. Twentyone games into Chan Gaileys tenure Tech loses by twentyfour points to Duke! His schemes have provided mediocre results for the Dallas Cowboys, the Miami Dolphins, and now the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. He has proven himself stubborn to a point of detriment to himself and his teams. He has left critics at his other stops because of his unwillingness to budge on his offense. He reminds me of Dan Henning in that regard! He also has made a career of taking his one back offense to various stops and stinking it up. He needs to bring in a offensive coordinator, someone who is both a teacher and a bright X's and O's man. He overlooked several prospective candidates last Feburary to come up with what we have now. Not very smart. Question for you: In hindsight now would you have been satisfied with Coach Gailey's offensive setup as he announced it back in Feburary if you could have known what the results would be after the ninth game? He has not proven himself a smart coach, not at all.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is a perfect example of talking out of your ass. You have no clue what you are talking about. Gailey's offense was one of the best things Pittsburg ever had and most of their fans can only wish to have anything resembling Chan's offense from their better days.

He turned a much unknown QB in Jay Fiedler into an all pro and if I recall Miami's offense was pretty darn good while he was there. He took an over the hill Dallas bunch littered with Rookie depth and took them to the playoffs right before 2 other coaches couldn't win more than 6 games with the same bunch. Ask Emmitt Smith how he feels about Gailey's offense.

And way back when under Dan Reeves, Chan Gailey was a part of a record setting offense that went to the super bowl as I recall.

Stateline, if you are going to make an arguement to support your case, you better do your damn homework. I completely understand your frustration. I really do. However, I think it's funny that no one would have guessed we'd have a winning record at this point, yet we do, and no one wants to give credit where it is deserved. If you want to single out this game, that's fine. I think losing to Duke is a damn embaressment, but no matter what you think, Gailey wil be given at least 3 years, and most likely 4. He has done a good job this year despite this game. so if you want to ***** and moan and cry about our coach, go right ahead. I hear the world's smallest violin playing right now.

Barrel:

Good detail trail with Gailey's performance history. You are right on spot. I've often said over the past couple of months, "If Tech fans fail to recognize Gailey's coaching skills, he might just end up being the new head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, with Dan Reeves steppping upstairs to the General Manager's position'.

Back