PLEASE READ: Thread Hijacking

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
We have seen numerous occasions of Thread Hijacking lately. We don't want to see a "football discussion" thread turned into a FOC/non-FOC war. We don't try and control what you guys say, but we do control where you say it. Start your own thread unless it pertains directly to the discussion at hand. Some people here are into discussing the game and not the politics that surround it. Please be respectful of them. We remind you once again of our free speech rule: You have freedom of speech as long as your speech doesn't infringe upon the rights of others to enjoy the board. I hope this all I need to say on this subject.

Beestorm,

Will the web site design allow the administrators to clip out the political/non-thread postings and move them to the "off topic" side?

If so, this would be a great way to deal with the issue....

Originally posted by BeeStorm:
We have seen numerous occasions of Thread Hijacking lately. We don't want to see a "football discussion" thread turned into a FOC/non-FOC war. We don't try and control what you guys say, but we do control where you say it. Start your own thread unless it pertains directly to the discussion at hand. Some people here are into discussing the game and not the politics that surround it. Please be respectful of them. We remind you once again of our free speech rule: You have freedom of speech as long as your speech doesn't infringe upon the rights of others to enjoy the board. I hope this all I need to say on this subject.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Very glad to see your post, BeeStorm.. Too often a thread has turned into these personal attacks which effectively "hijack" the topic.. I've got your email address on "speed dial" for when the personal attacks start & deter from the discussion... Hope you plan on enforcing this very closely....

Thanks. Glad u picked up on that. Hope no one swings the pendulum too far & starts attacking the hijackers. Gentle persuassion, i.e. chill, seems to work fairly well.
Also, a reminder that 99% of all folks who take time to post here have GT's best interest in their forefront & DO NOT have personal agendas on the table.
Many people have legitimate concerns & it is good to hear & debate all concerns. Add to or detract from the subject without getting personally derrogatory just because u don't like someone's opinion. They are accurate as many times as u are.

Back