Please.........

techsamillion

Flats Noob
In the spirit of that which is fair,
honest, truthful,decent, and 100% for the good and success of Georgia Tech, while hopeful of squelching the voices of all outsiders who are anti-Tech success:

Please, Let's quit all bitterness, critical, negative and judgmental statements against one another as well as the coaches and administrative staff of Georgia Tech; at least until we win or lose our first game. Then we can honestly judge whether performance has resulted in winning or losing and not just passed or failed our own expectations.

And let's everyone allow those who are paid to do so: earn or not earn their salary. There are others besides us who will judge their worthiness.

Disagreements over the past number of months have resulted in schisms and fraction; these have resulted in bitter feeling of GT fan against GT fan. This is bad.

There is more than one way this can be accomplished. I will name only one : Let's just (as Ronald Reagan suggested) personally adopt a 13th commandment: {parapharased}: Do not speak negative against another G.T. supporter).

Everyone..... this would work wonders for our team (encouragement and morale) and for our board. Let's just take a vow to try it (at least) until after our first game and see what happens. Are you willing? If so, please list your handle:

Techsamillion

Please: I am weary, worn, tired, and ashamed. Ignore this if you please; but it will only prove that there are some who are for the success of Georgia Tech football(no matter the coach) and that there are those who had rather see Tech lose than the present Coaching Staff win.

soapbox.gif

It won't do any good. Might as well give it up. Those against CG have an agenda and they won't change their minds. They won't give the man 1 stinkin year. I guess we could always get Bill Lewis back if Gailey leaves/get thrown out after year 2.

Thanks at least for reading it DEAn, and especially for responding........it becomes more and more apparent who the REAL/ONLY/GENUINE/True/LOYAL Tech fans are.
tongue.gif

I am also sick of the backbiting and personal attacks….GC is our coach for now…
I think there are people on this board who will be disappointed if TECH has a winning season because that means CG will have a winning season…That leaves me with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach…

But there I go piling on again….

oops:
You can put me in that same bucket too. I'm an avid GT fan and I would like to see some more support instead of the bickering, complaining, and whining that we come accustomed to seeing.

Another thing:
Someone else previously posted that the fans would do well to display the attitude of D. Bilbo.
I totally agree with the poster and urge all posters and replyers to do the same.

Originally posted by techsamillion:

: Let's just (as Ronald Reagan suggested) personally adopt a 13th commandment: {parapharased}: Do not speak negative against another G.T. supporter).

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wonderful idea, Techs!

But please give me a quick refresher here. What were Commandments #11 and 12?

wink.gif

Techs, I am all for your proposal. Carrying it out is sorely needed. I would add only one thing: that all posts critical of the state of the program must provide that poster's plan of action for improvement.

In my opinion, it has been the empty, critical posts that have started the fighting.

Thanks for getting this started. LL.

Techs... I have no problem with that.. .and agree with you.. so, why dont we start with a Tech supporter named Gailey... can we lay off the venom there first?

Please realize that there are about 4-5 Dawgs on this board... that love to post alot...

Win and the venom will cease, and it should. Lose and it will continue and should. Hopes and pleas for otherwise are unrealistic. THWG

Originally posted by GoldZ:
Win and the venom will cease, and it should. Lose and it will continue and should. Hopes and pleas for otherwise are unrealistic. THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well said, GZ..

Originally posted by GoldZ:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It can't be stated more more clear than that.

Hey GT_Dean,

I will tell anyone who will listen that I do not like Chan as our coach. I have not seen anything consistant to tell me he will bring Tech ACC championships.
BUT...He is our coach and I will support him. If he does make vast improvements this year I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.

Price Memorial Gold

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GoldZ:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It can't be stated more more clear than that.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Explain the logic of that in 50 words or less. It can't be done. You can spew 50 words of nonsense that we keep hearing over and over again but you can't explain the rationale behind these statements whereas the argument that you are not TECH fans is easily defended. Apparently what you're saying is if TECH wins you run out of steam.

Originally posted by PM Gold:
Hey GT_Dean,

I will tell anyone who will listen that I do not like Chan as our coach. I have not seen anything consistant to tell me he will bring Tech ACC championships.
BUT...He is our coach and I will support him. If he does make vast improvements this year I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.

Price Memorial Gold
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Maybe you've not looked at the talent that CG has brought in the first 2 years recruiting class. And, how this years is shaping up. That, to me, says to give the guy a chance.

Hey GT_Dean,

I am giving Chan a chance. I have got the wait and see attitude.
I really cant say anything positive or negative about Chan's recruiting. Recruiting results cant accurately measured until at least 2 to three years after each class.

Price Memorial Gold

PMGold - Then you are not one of the few that makes this board undesirable for so many. Thanks.

Back