Poll: Do you vote to keep the BCS system or vote a playoff?

D

Damarius

for college football. when does the BCS system contract end? I hope there's no playoff. IMHO, if you go 11,12, or 13-0 in a season, you deserve yuor shot at a national title. The BCS also takes strength of schedule into consideration. I think bowls is what makes college football so great. It's just tradition. If there were to be a playoff with the top 8 teams, that would be just downright stupid. #1 versus #8 would be a showdown. It would be something like Miami versus Oklahoma. So as you can see, I am for keeping the bowls big time. What do yall think....and do you think that they will change to a playoff system? Thanks*

Go Jackets!!

A play-off does not really prove anything. Let's say you are in the ACC in basketball, you beat Duke twice in the regular season and again in the ACC tournement. Let's say you wind up with a 25-2 record and Duke winds up with an 18-9 record in regular season.

Then both teams enter the NCAA tournement, both advance to the final four and Duke beats you in the final four to win the National Championship.

Are they really the better team? You have beaten three out of four times during the season and had a better record.

You could be in a conference in football and lose two games to the winner of the other division. A playoff is established and you are elligible with only two losses, because you are ranked highly. You only lost two games and both were to the number one rated team in the nation.

In the play-offs, you win all the games and beat the team that has beaten you twice during the season to win the NCAA championship. Are you the better team?

Play-offs mean one thing and one only. You have been the hottest and most consistent team during the play-off stretch. It does not mean you are the best team in the nation for that season.

The BCS is as good as anything else. Nothing is, nor will be perfect.

drinking.gif

I vote to keep the BCS. It is pretty much as good as it can get. Agree with ahsoisee on all counts.

I vote to keep the BCS as well.....Something about those bowl games that sets CF apart from pro.

My vote would be a playoff system and keep some of the bowl games for those teams that didn't make the playoffs. We have soooo many bowl games now that don't count against the championship but teams still like going in recognition for a good season. I don't see why that couldn't continue with a playoff, just eliminate the nonsense bowls like the one we went to in this past season.

All of the other divisions in football have playoffs and it works, no reason why the brainiacs can't get together and divise one for Div. I! It's been a long time coming and I hope they change it.

If our QB develops thru this next season, and the injury bug goes away, we could end up doing quite well in a playoff system, IF we could get into it.

In a bowl system, a 7-5 is not going to buy us much.

Clearly we need a playoff system... take top 8 BCS-type ranking and do the same thing every other sport does. 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, etc. Would be wonderful. Championship would be first week of January. If the bowls want to participate let them host ala BCS. If not, do it just like DI-A with Championship at neutral site.

Agree that the "best" team doesn't always win but its by far the fairest way to determine whose #1.

I like the Bowl system without a playoff. Its tradition, and what's wrong with 2 or 3 teams claiming to be National Champs? It means 2 or 3 times as many happy fans out there somewhere.
On the other hand, I don't like bowl tie-ends. Much too limiting for 2nd tier teams. Bowls should have to compete for teams.
BOO

A play off system using the Bowls to host the games would be nice . The top dollar bowl getting the championship and so so and so forth
drinking.gif

Absolutely a playoff system... there is a playoff system in high school, lower level divisions in college, and the pros... 1A Football is the only one that doesnt have a playoff system.. other than pee wee league football.. I vote no to the BCS..

Back