POLL: What is the probability we beat Virginia in 2022?

What is the probability we beat Virginia in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Thur, Oct 20 vs Virginia - 7:30 PM ET
---------------------------------
Last game: Duke
Next game: Florida State
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI Rank: 55
FPI Differential: -2.6
Win Probability: 50.7%

Back to back games against ACC teams in free fall. Would be good to pull this one off.

Last edited:
Virginia's defense is going to be "scattered" as they try and stop Tech's offensive production.
Their offense is going to be "smothered" by the new and improved Tech D.
Their defensive line is going to be "diced" by a series of running and short pass plays by Tech, which will be "capped" off by big pass plays by Sims.

Virginia's defense is going to be "scattered" as they try and stop Tech's offensive production.
Their offense is going to be "smothered" by the new and improved Tech D.
Their defensive line is going to be "diced" by a series of running and short pass plays by Tech, which will be "capped" off by big pass plays by Sims.
Here comes Collins with a bucket of Burt’s chili.

Polls are still flawed. According to coit, we will never have over a 90% chance to beat anybody.

I have to say. I don't know enough about UVA. However; I feel this is one of those 50/50 games. We basically beat ourselves against them, the last couple of seasons. I think that changes and we play a sound game. I am giving us the nod 31-24. However; that score could easily reverse, if we come out making errors.

Polls are still flawed. According to coit, we will never have over a 90% chance to beat anybody.
They are using the last few years, as their base. I hate preseason polls. I think they are useless. There is no way anyone knows who will be good, past the normal top 10 teams.

Dunno much about UVA. If we are improved at all, it should be a toss-up at worst. As an optimist, I will go with 0.6

Home game under the lights at BDS. I expect to win, and also to have miserable traffic to deal with getting to midtown during rush hour.

Home game under the lights at BDS. I expect to win, and also to have miserable traffic to deal with getting to midtown during rush hour.
You can practically enter ANY time and the traffic will probably be miserable. Atlanta traffic sucks, all together.

Dunno much about UVA. If we are improved at all, it should be a toss-up at worst. As an optimist, I will go with 0.6
I am in the same boat. I think we beat ourselves, versus UVA beating us, the last few times. I don't think UVA is anything special. If we come out and play our game, limit mistakes, we should win.

Two possible outcomes. Beating UVA is one of those two. Probability = 0.5. And it looks like the voters here agree.

You can practically enter ANY time and the traffic will probably be miserable. Atlanta traffic sucks, all together.
Yea, last season there was bridge work on 75s on Saturdays. I figure they will just decide "you know what would be fun to do on the weekend? Pave the downtown connecter and block all but 2 lanes northbound and southbound to do it."

Back