Sat, Oct 26 @ Virginia Tech - TBD PM ET

---------------------------------
Last game: Notre Dame
Next game: Miami
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI Rank: 52
FPI Differential: -0.9
Win Probability: 33.6%

This one is a toss-up with home field advantage skewing the probability toward VT. I think this is a 2 TD victory for us.

See the 2024 Pre-Season Probability Poll Discussion for voting guidelines and contest rules.

Last edited:
Seems like the VT program has some similarities to us. Hokies hit bottom in 2022 with a 3-8 (1-6) record, but rebounded with the same record as us last season, 7-6 (5-3). They return an experienced, transfer QB (Kyron Drones). They do have a much easier schedule than us this year. I think we'll be the better team, but Blacksburg can be tough.

This game worries me a bit. Vipsu was similar to us last year, but they're getting significantly more love from the media for this season compared to us. Maybe it’s the schedule difficulty. VT has their harder games at home outside of a trip to Miami.
Have a feeling the ACC is going to try to ‘help’ vpisu be a dark horse for the cfp.

This game worries me a bit. Vipsu was similar to us last year, but they're getting significantly more love from the media for this season compared to us. Maybe it’s the schedule difficulty. VT has their harder games at home outside of a trip to Miami.
Have a feeling the ACC is going to try to ‘help’ vpisu be a dark horse for the cfp.
naw man. media has a hard on for vippysue every year. here's how correct they have been:

34843_h.jpg

Back