"poor" bastard....

law_bee

Dodd-Like
\"poor\" bastard....

http://www.ajc.com/uga/content/sports/uga/stories/0613ugapitcher.html

If this was any OTHER team than Ugag I would feel really bad about this poor bastard.

I am shocked that the Ugag security guard did not "look" the other way OR at least give the guy a chance to return it. I imagine while the security guard was guarding signs at the field some coeds were assaulted, cars and apartments broken into, and general mayhem in other parts of campus.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Re: \"poor\" bastard....

UN-BEE-LEAVE-ABLE-
It's amazing considering all the things that happen over there and during the course of a season w/ college athletes, guess he made a POOR decision and Barney Fifth busted him....is hard to believe that formal charges ever made it off campus..and things were'nt kept HUSH HUSH...but the kid made a deicison & has to suffer consequences of BREAKING THE LAW. Sorta suprised the suspension came immediately & not suspended for several games next season. The judge/Athletic Dir. chose to make an example of him...guess at least he's a young freshman & will hopefully learn....Oh well hopefully the DAWGS will lose & they'll all be home in Athens with him shortly.
STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...embarrassing though

You would think that such a minor situation (which it really was) would have been 'taken care of', especially from one of the institutes of higher learning that wrote the book on 'taking care of situations'.

This guy is a freshmen pitcher who evidently is not a major player. If this would have been someone like a Mickey Westfall I wonder if the situation would have been handled differently.

It's funny that a guy gets busted for doing what he did. This from the same college that I attended '85-'89 when Tim Worley and Keith Henderson were driving around campus in matching Chrysler convertibles with personalized license plates. Just depends on how major a player you are over in Athens.

[ QUOTE ]
This from the same college that I attended '85-'89 when Tim Worley and Keith Henderson were driving around campus in matching Chrysler convertibles with personalized license plates. Just depends on how major a player you are over in Athens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chrysler convertible = Major Player?

That's the tackiest thing I ever heard. Funniest too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

I guess it would have been going just too far, even for UGA standards, to set 'em up with matching Corvettes or Z-28's with t-tops.

But that's what they were. I can't remember the Chrysler model, it was a fairly popular car in the mid-late 80's. Matching maroon Chrysler convertibles for the starting backfield at UGA.

You don't seem to understand. He's a BASEball player.

It's the football and Basketball players that don't have rules.

Outside of footbal and basketball, I get the sense that UGA is an otherwise respectable institution. The problem with me is that football is everything.

Why would this be....

posted in the football forum? If this kid was a baseball player at Evansville or Maine would you have posted this? Who cares? This is just a silly college kid prank that pales in comparison with the things that I (or many other posters) saw or did while at Tech. This board (and other supposedly GT boards) would be more interesting if it was focused on GT athletics.

Re: Why would this be....

A friend of mine on the UGAg tennis team was given a car in the 1980's to use while in school.

It was common practice for years at UGAg to give cars. Herschel Walker was probably the most obvious gifted car. It made the press over and over, was denied by Vince the Prince, and finally the story was squashed. Lindsay Scott got one as well.

Cars are nothing new at UGAg. And it isn't just football and basketball...

JD,
Were you able to Jew them down any at all?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

this ole country boy redneck didn't know what he was getting into. I'm just glad i got outta there that rainy day in november of 82.

I am unsure if you were repling to my post....

if you read the link in lawbee's thread, this was not at all about anybody getting a free car. Whether or not that happens is not the issue here.The original post, imho,isn't a topic that needs to be posted in a GT football forum and furthermore, if this had happened at any other school besides Uga would not have been posted anywhere on this or any other board.The kid pulled a stupid,harmless prank - end of story.

Re: I am unsure if you were repling to my post....

"B", I originally mentioned the 'car' scenario in this post. I stated my opinion on a guy getting disciplined for taking a banner from the baseball field by an athletic department that had looked the other way on what are certainly more immediate concerns, such as athletes driving around in new cars (I specifically mentioned TW and KH driving around in matching convertibles while I was on campus).

You are correct, the kid did pull a harmless prank. Where I disagree with you is that it is the 'end of story'. I think it is interesting that this prank became a punishable offense while what would appear to be more immediate concerns are not given the same attention. That's all.

Rome--being in nj ,I haven't heard "Jew them down " for 30 yrs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

Let me make a public appology to all of the Jewish faith. My comment of "Jewing down" was not intended to be offensive in any way at all. As I explained in a PM, the term was meant only as a sign of frugality, of which I truly consider complimentary no matter whether one is Jewish, Christian, Muslim or whatever.
For the Jewish readers here, I have held nothing but the highest admiration for the courage of the Jew and their ability to survive thru struggles, especially during and since WWII. So again I say please forgive.

Don't worry. Baptist Pastors down here don't pay full retail on cars either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

Back