Positional Change?

Father WASP

Flats Noob
Leon Robinson, who weighs 330, started his career at Tech on the defensive line. Tidwell-Neal is playing adequately at off. guard. Rather than sit out alot, his huge size could help us vs. the run on the defensive line. Even if we could get 15-20 snaps a game from him, he could definitely give us some push we haven't had in awhile on the defensive front. I don't think the hand cast would hamper play anymore on defense than offense. I'd love to see his size over there.

While I agree whole-heartedly with your "we need more size on the D Line comment", I think this one may have been a motivational thing to get Leon's head out of his arse a bit and make him get to playing again.

Besides, Newberry and Wrotto (the 2 freshmen) both check in at around 310 pounds...so we do finally have a little more beef on that side of the line.

I'd like to bring the frosh along slowly, and if Leon has a mean streak we sure could use him. Just an idea but I'm sure Daryl Smith would like to line up behind some beef for a change.

On the subject of position changes, haven't heard anything from the practice reports about Matthews. Is he still looking strong at FB?

Not a bad idea, if we had adequate depth on the O-Line.

Back