Positions and Stuff

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
Who can tell me:
1) What positions, at present are we in the greatest need to fill or strengthen?
2) With a true Freshman starting at QB, how will this affect the recruiting of QBs in the next couple of years.
3) How many scholarships do we have available for this next recruiting season, considering the fact that Coach (as I understand it) is holding some for some of the S/A's that we lost due to academics?
4) Anyone care to predict a score for the BYU game?

1.) Defensive and offensive line are needs as well as linebackers. Also, running back.

2.) Hard to tell. If Ball and Carter play well it may be more difficult. However, if they struggle a QB may see the chance to play immediately.

3.) I think Gaily said they were looking at signing 24.

4.) I'm going to be optimisic and pick Tech 17-14

Rome..

I think we certainly need to strengthen DL.. possibly recruit another LB or two.. and running backs.. I think we will sign 24 this year.. for some reason that number sticks in my mind.. Gailey has said he is holding 4 for those hoping to return.. I also noticed in the Macon Football insert this weekend that Theron Pullen was not listed on the GMC roster..

As I stated in an earler post, I think our recruiting of QB's will depend on the play of Ball and possibly Carter.. good play, not much interest from QB's this year or next.. and I expect Ball to be a great one for us..

Tech wins 31-17 tomorrow night.. Ball is 13-21 for 145 yards with one TD and one interception.. PJ has 85 yards rushing with Woods adding another 55.. Ball has 35 yards rushing... while Ace adds another 40.. PJ and Ace get scores

During the second series Tech also scores via a lateral pass to Bilbo who then passes to Dunlap who scores his first TD as a Jacket.. the play goes for 45 yards.

Burnett kicks a 38 yard field goal in the first quarter..

BYU adds a meaningless touchdown late in the game to close out their scoring.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Rome..

I think we certainly need to strengthen DL.. possibly recruit another LB or two.. and running backs.. I think we will sign 24 this year.. for some reason that number sticks in my mind.. Gailey has said he is holding 4 for those hoping to return.. I also noticed in the Macon Football insert this weekend that Theron Pullen was not listed on the GMC roster..

As I stated in an earler post, I think our recruiting of QB's will depend on the play of Ball and possibly Carter.. good play, not much interest from QB's this year or next.. and I expect Ball to be a great one for us..

Tech wins 31-17 tomorrow night.. Ball is 13-21 for 145 yards with one TD and one interception.. PJ has 85 yards rushing with Woods adding another 55.. Ball has 35 yards rushing... while Ace adds another 40.. PJ and Ace get scores

During the second series Tech also scores via a lateral pass to Bilbo who then passes to Dunlap who scores his first TD as a Jacket.. the play goes for 45 yards.

Burnett kicks a 38 yard field goal in the first quarter..

BYU adds a meaningless touchdown late in the game to close out their scoring.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Man, let's just forget about the game and go with that.

Back