Positives from today's game

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
The reason we lost by so much is because we played against a coach who has lost his way and became totally classless.

There were many years when Bobby Dodd could have beaten Clemson worse than this but, unlike ex-Alabama player Dabo Swinney, Bobby Dodd had class.

This score is much more of a reflection on Dabo Swinney's classlessness than Geoff Collins' coaching.

In fact, I was hoping Clemson would score again at the end of the game, because I was sure Dabo would show his lack of character by going for two and then trying an onside kick.

I think Collins should use this game in recruiting against Clemson by saying, "We'll be good enough to do that one day soon, but we never will. We respect our opponents."

Either Dabo Swinney inherited a hatred for Tech from his coach at Alabama or he sees what Collins is doing in recruiting and is afraid of what's coming.

Either way, Collins did something today that I wouldn't have been good enough to do. At the end of the game, he shook hands with Swinney or hugged him or something. Good for him. He's a lot better man than I am.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Idk if he has NFL prospects, but he will benefit from returning. Extra year of expensive school played for and another year of building the program(one of the reasons he said he came here).
He is in a two year masters program. Unless he is projected to go in the first few rounds of the draft, I think he stays to finish his degree and raise his draft position working with Coach Key.

GT98

Dodd-Like
We really can't afford to beat ourselves, more than other teams
100%. I was a lot madder after the 'Cuse game since that one was a perfect example of beating ourselves. Today, was an ugly score against a really talented team and terrific QB that looks like they can win the title.

Since the 'Cuse game, the team has improved on the silly penalties part. Keep that up and they can win a few more this season.

GT98

Dodd-Like
The reason we lost by so much is because we played against a coach who has lost his way and became totally classless.

This score is much more of a reflection on Dabo Swinney's classlessness than Geoff Collins' coaching.

Either way, Collins did something today that I wouldn't have been good enough to do. At the end of the game, he shook hands with Swinney or hugged him or something. Good for him. He's a lot better man than I am.
Nope. Nope. Perhaps, you can learn from Collins then.

Dabo had the punter (!) playing QB. Are they supposed to take a knee the whole 2nd half?

Lest you forget, doesn't GT brag about the largest margin ever in a game? Was it classy for Heisman to continue to hammer a team (even if it was supposedly "revenge" for a lopsided baseball game earlier)?

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
I’m sure he already knew, but CGC definitely knows now that his team has a long way to go before it becomes an elite team that we all want.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
No positives! Zilch! Any other spin on this stinking pile is just apologists that wanted Johnson gone. Better start putting a better product out there or Collins will be hitting the exit door soon too!
I didn't want Johnson gone, and I don't want CGC gone. I'm probably the problem.

gtm1ke

Flats Noob

There were many years when Bobby Dodd could have beaten Clemson worse than this but, unlike ex-Alabama player Dabo Swinney, Bobby Dodd had class.

In fact, I was hoping Clemson would score again at the end of the game, because I was sure Dabo would show his lack of character by going for two and then trying an onside kick.

I think Collins should use this game in recruiting against Clemson by saying, "We'll be good enough to do that one day soon, but we never will. We respect our opponents."

Either Dabo Swinney inherited a hatred for Tech from his coach at Alabama or he sees what Collins is doing in recruiting and is afraid of what's coming.

73 points because Dabo is scared of what's coming...

You truly can find anything on the internet.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Nope. Nope. Perhaps, you can learn from Collins then.

Dabo had the punter (!) playing QB. Are they supposed to take a knee the whole 2nd half?

Lest you forget, doesn't GT brag about the largest margin ever in a game? Was it classy for Heisman to continue to hammer a team (even if it was supposedly "revenge" for a lopsided baseball game earlier)?
If you look at the scores from 1917 or whenever, many were over 100 points. The fact that you had to go that far back in the past to try to apologize for Swinney shows how classless he is.

Your comment that he played a punter at QB late in the game would make him look a little better, except for the fact that he kept going for it on 4th down, throwing passes to the goal line, and calling timeouts.

Good luck making excuses for Swinney. He's become classless. Very sad, because he started out a likeable guy.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Dabo and Paul Johnson are good friends. There’s a reason the scores weren’t so crazily lopsided as today’s.

Also, Clemson was still passing the football with 2 minutes left. Not sure why but that’s what happened.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Dabo and Paul Johnson are good friends. There’s a reason the scores weren’t so crazily lopsided as today’s.

Also, Clemson was still passing the football with 2 minutes left. Not sure why but that’s what happened.
Who was doing the passing? Trevor? OK, his backup?

Please.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
Based on the title this should be the shortest Stingtalk football thread ever.

Killick

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
Biggest positive is that I didn’t attend.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat

This is an absolutely ridiculous comment. It’s our own fault our offensive drives lasted about a minute and a half and we gave them field position and turned the ball over. And there is no problem for a team to prepare their backups in case the starters get injured. None. I have zero issue with anything Clemson did. They ran basic run plays in the 4th and we simply never wrapped up. If you want to talk about class, where was GT’s class in not showing up today? Clemson deserved better effort than the game we gave them.