Positives from today's game

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Hard to find any positives about this shiitshow. The worse part is that we seemed to have given up competing by halftime. Sims had 3 fumbles today. WTF? They ran up the score on us with walkons.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Damn, you bitches complaining about Dabo, he could have left Lawrence and Etienne in for the entire third and half the fourth and gotten 90+ points easy.

You know, we've beaten teams badly before. I remember hanging 70 on Navy. Get over it. We got taken to the woodshed. Our recruiting was öööö for years. We managed to get Justin Thomas for a slight reprieve, but we are unfortunately overmatched against any top 25 teams right now.

It was an absolute perfect day today. Field was beautiful. Temperatures comfortable. Perfect day for the #1 NFL pick to throw the football.

JJacket

Hard to find any positives about this shiitshow. The worse part is that we seemed to have given up competing by halftime. Sims had 3 fumbles today. WTF? They ran up the score on us with walkons.
That was hardly running up the score. Hell, at the end they had #48 in at QB. Almost every pass was open for Clemson. That isn't their fault

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
To be fair one of the fumbles was on the center.

bandman

Damn Good Rat
I was listening to the SiriusXM feed on the way home in the second half. The color man was asked about Tech’s players of the game. He said the punter and then: the lead trumpet in the band was really bringing it from the stands. He said he heard the high notes all game long.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
A reasonable schedule for Collins is to be competitive with top 10-25 in year 3. We should expect to play well against top 10 by year 3 even if we don't win them. Maybe its just hard to be optmistic, but we seem 4 years away from that right now.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
A reasonable schedule for Collins is to be competitive with top 10-25 in year 3. We should expect to play well against top 10 by year 3 even if we don't win them. Maybe its just hard to be optmistic, but we seem 4 years away from that right now.
Most top 10 teams wouldn’t be competitive with Clemson. I think you fail to realize the gap between Clemson and other known good teams.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Some of you didn't watch the Louisville game I did. They made our defensive front irrelevant for most of the game. To think that group, which is depleted, had any prayer of stopping Clemson was
crazy. Our defense is not good right now. It is the same Paul Johnson caliber Ted Roof Tech defense as ever.

We need to recruit our way out of the problem but this year's class does not impress on DL so far.

JJacket

This thread is comical. Positives from the biggest ass-kicking in Tech history?
The positives are we know we need to get back to how we recruited near the end of Gailey's tenure. We have no Kenny Scott's, Landry's, Wheeler's, Guyton's, Walker's, Michael Johnson's, or Anaoi's on our team. Nowhere close.

76tornados

Dodd-Like
The positives are we know we need to get back to how we recruited near the end of Gailey's tenure. We have no Kenny Scott's, Landry's, Wheeler's, Guyton's, Walker's, Michael Johnson's, or Anaoi's on our team. Nowhere close.
We do they just need development. We had better depth then. I don’t think people realize just how little depth we have on LOS and defense. It matters. ALOT

JJacket

We do they just need development. We had better depth then. I don’t think people realize just how little depth we have on LOS and defense. It matters. ALOT
I forgot to mention Morgan Burnett while I was at it.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Credit to this thread for wanting to find positives in the largest margin of defeat in a conference game in the history of the ACC.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Some of you guys are such pussbags. Did any of you truly think we would compete in this game? Clemson is a giant. At least half of their starters are NFL-caliber. Meanwhile, we're in year 2 of a complete rebuild. Our starting QB and RB are true freshmen. Yes, this loss is very ugly. Yes, it would've been nice to score more than 7 points. However, this isn't a program-ending loss like some of you are saying. Sack up and be patient. Are you truly ready to give up on a coach after 1.5 seasons?
Agree. I understand your exaggeration. But fewer than 1/20 of Clemson’s or any CFB program’s players will ever see meaningful playing time in the NFL. It gives us an appreciation for just how much better the absolute worst NFL team is compared to CFB.