Possible Recruits and SEC odds of jumping to ACC

My guess is that ND will be the first approached. If they don't show interest, don't be surprised to see Penn St. the next approached. There is still a possibility that BC or SU may come on board. From the SEC, I would think USC or FL (the best option). Don't be surprised if 3 teams are added for a 14 team conference - take your pick from the above. I would expect the next step to be taken before next year. Should be an interesting year.

How about we take in BC and Syracuse, then kick out Duke and UNC?

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Odds of any school leaving the SEC??? "0"

Won't happen. No reason for any school to leave SEC.

I think USC and Florida would at least consider the move (they would be dumb not to.). After all, leaving the SEC keeps you from having to travel to Arkansas and Mississippi. No time changes either. Pretty easy for USC to get to the Tobacco road schools and Tech. Miami is a long way, but it is also an international city, like ATL. Florida is taking a big risk that SEC recruiting isn't going to take a big hit in their state. What are they going to do if the alligence of Miami and FSU in the ACC steamrolls Florida back into mediocrity? It could very easily become the case that Florida prospects lean towards the "Big Two" of Miami / FSU and Tech and NC State make inroads to Florida. If I was the Florida AD right now, I'd be worried about where my program will be 5 years from now. As a matter of fact, UGA should be very worried about the prospects of a strong ACC. Players in Georgia may be looking at the prospect of getting to play against Miami, FSU and VT, along with UVA, NC State and Maryland as a member of a future Tech squad.

I can see South Carolina leaving. The only rivalry they've developed in the SEC is UGag, which would be an attractive OOC for both schools. Meanwhile they'd get a more meaningful game with Clemson, plus all those NC schools they hate, plus us, plus FSU and Miami, two schools in a state they desperately need to recruit.

Plus there would be only one tricky place to get to-VPI-which is actually pretty close to them on I-77, in exchange for Ark, 2 Miss schools, and Baton Rouge.

Georgia, 20-to-1: A natural rivalry with Georgia Tech would be a plus for the ACC, but now that the Bulldogs are back up and running in football, why move?

Plus, players can get more money on eBay for an SEC championship ring than an ACC championship ring.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's funny! In fact there were several good one liners in that article.

Back