postgame show quote:

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
Wes: "Coach, what did you tell your team?"

Chan: "I told them that they are right back where they were 8-10 weeks ago when they had no respect and that now they'll have to decide on whether to come back and earn that respect again" (paraphrased)

Not true coach. I've seen enough this year to appreciate the hard work of the staff and the character of the team. It was easy to throw daggers at you after the Clemson loss. But the team has earned my respect when looking at the entire picture this year.

It just makes you realize the old saying that "Things are never as bad as they seem and they're never as good as they seem either."

All of this "Gator Bowl" talk was premature and I was just as guilty by discussing that possible road trip with my wife this morning.

I will be there Saturday for the UNC game. Let's rebound and keep the season respectable!

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
Wes: "Coach, what did you tell your team?"

Chan: "I told them that they are right back where they were 8-10 weeks ago when they had no respect and that now they'll have to decide on whether to come back and earn that respect again" (paraphrased)

Not true coach. I've seen enough this year to appreciate the hard work of the staff and the character of the team. It was easy to throw daggers at you after the Clemson loss. But the team has earned my respect when looking at the entire picture this year.

It just makes you realize the old saying that "Things are never as bad as they seem and they're never as good as they seem either."

All of this "Gator Bowl" talk was premature and I was just as guilty by discussing that possible road trip with my wife this morning.

I will be there Saturday for the UNC game. Let's rebound and keep the season respectable!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great post. Could not be said any better.

EXCELLENT POST! We should all have the faith in our coaches and players that you do!!

Things WILL get better.

Hats off to you, 2Big! I was thinking the same thing, but well said. We'll be filling up 8 seats for the N.C. game, too and we intend to be loud! Make plans everyone else to come as well. This young team needs all the help they can get.

This loss hurts and it hurts badly, but there is still a long way to go this season.

The people who show up after a loss with nothing to say other than "We suck and it's Chan's fault" make me sick.

I'll be hurting from this for a while, but we have three huge games coming up that are completely winnable. We have to keep our minds straight and play like we know we can.

Not sure we are that young especially on offense. We have if I am counting right eight upperclassmen of eleven. Realize have true freshman QB but we will miss Reilly and Jonathan. Hope we don't lose Dorsey even if he hasn't played as well as expected this year. The defense no doubt is young but we have tremendous leadership in the three linebackers we will lose after this season.

Chan: "I told them that they are right back where they were 8-10 weeks ago
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think he said "some people" will say they... I do not believe he said they were back.

Originally posted by DaveTech:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Chan: "I told them that they are right back where they were 8-10 weeks ago
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think he said "some people" will say they... I do not believe he said they were back.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are right on it Davetech.

Thanks for the correction, and that's why I put (Paraphrase) there because it was a very important quote and I didn't write it down word for word.

What struck me was that you could tell in Chan's voice he was pretty upset and did also say he points the finger at himself for not properly getting the team in the right frame of mind for the game. (again, paraphrasing!) And even though he did say 'some people', it struck me that it won't be as bad as he made it sound.

After the conclusion of last year, there were no signs pointing towards improvement. After BYU, many (including myself) still were filled with doubts. Some respect certainly came after Auburn and FSU. After Clemson, you could chalk up the extreme disappointment to the newfound success of the young team and them not being accustomed to handling prosperity.

Yet again comes the success with improbable wins over NC ST, WF, MARY.

My point is this: Chan no longer owes apologies to me, and I'm sure many other fans as well, who saw absolutely no signs of competency after the 2002 football season. This staff has proven that it can win against teams who have better talent on paper, out-coach staffs that have been together longer and have experienced more success, and recruit young talent that is capable of contributing in their first year of D-1 football. Those were three very important questions I had following the UGA/Fresno debacles and now I have the answers.

We will overcome and at least get back to where we were just a few years ago when Hamilton was a senior. It will not be this year, and most likely won't be next year either. But the question of 'Can we under CG?' has been answered (at least in my mind) and that makes me feel so much better than I did just less than three months ago.

Excellent post...

Work hard this week guys, go get those Tar Heels...

Back