Practice report from 8/11 pm

TIARB

Varsity Lurker
Ok, everyone has been asking for a practice report from yesterday, so I will go ahead and attempt one, although I am sure I will not do justice to what jacketguy et al normally produce.

I am surprised not to see a report out today, as the crowds to watch have grown increasingly larger than from a week ago.

Try to give some insight without breaking the rules (no talk about injuries, formations, 1st team reps, etc)

-------

Overall, it sort of looks like its the middle of August practices and 2-a-days, IMO. This is the time of year when guys have to fight thru dead legs, the heat, etc. You can definitely tell when coach gailey comes around on an individual drill workout - the intensity really steps up
smile.gif

I like our KO return team - look for some new guys back there this year. Lots of speed.

What everyone says about Chris Dunlap is true - he will be a factor this year. I did not think much of his signing, and did not expect much out of him, but he runs his routes as well as anyone, understands the position, and has fine hands. I would expect him in the 2 deep

If Bilbo stays, he could really help us out at receiver. He is such a good athlete. IMO, he has already shown more potential as a WR than he has as a QB. Very natural at catching the ball. Hands extended. Needs work on his routes, but his speed is better than expected. To fast for LBs, to strong for DBs.

I think we will have some good competition on the OL - particularly at the Guard spots. We've really got 7 guys here, IMO, who are all 1st team quality.

The freshman on D are all getting a chance to show themselves. Oliver looked good yesterday in the scrimage, IMO.

PJ is running well, and particularly blocking well.

Tenuta is not holding anything back on Reggie. I would be surprised if he sees this much from the opposing teams.

Chris Reis is really coming on - look for him to be this years Ruben Houston. Probably not quite the speed, but the same play making ability.

Again, our secondary is athletic as it has ever been at Tech. If the D-line can stay healthy and give any kind of pressure, we should be fine here.

AJ looked very good in the 2 minute drill.

I'm sure I could think of more (but it's hard not to give something away
wink.gif
). The kids are practicing hard, This is the toughest part of the year, IMO. It's hot, your legs are dead, and you are trying to keep your intensity during 5 hrs of 2-a-days.

THANKS ALOT for the report!! Btw, LOVE that area of town you live in! Back when I moved from Atlanta (my hometown) in the late 80's, it was one of my favorite places to hang. Now it's alot more overgrown and a tad too yuppie, but still a cool neighborhood. I digress...

Thanks ALOT! Us out of towners love ANY practice info we get and we are most of the time starved for it! ANYtime you give us stuff from the flats, you're providing a great service!!

God bless you sir!

Thank you very much for the report. You mention that Tenuta is throwing the kitchen sink at Reggie...how did look? Did he drown or was he splashing the water back at them a bit?

Excellent report TiarB... and thanks for the kind words... I hope to make it back there on Wed.. it just depends..

I know what you mean about the guards too.. there is little difference between 1st and 2nd string at that position..

another guy that has impressed me, but one that I have written little about is Will Hardy... he is having a great camp thus far...

Danke schoen! 'Preciate all you guy's reports. Nice one!
Particularly interested in the comments about the OL and Mr. Hardy. Go get' em, Will!

Back