Preseason team MVPs? Sleepers? Freshman? Key Game?

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
This team is in need of leaders. It replaces its best players all around: Wimbush, Muyers, Watkins, Hollings, Magnet. A look at who I think will be key players for this team.

Offensive preseason MVP: Nat Dorsey
Tough choice here. While tempted to say Jonathan "Fred" Smith, I'll go with Dorsey since he has all-american potential. Plus I believe the OL is the key to offensive success. Tech fans look for Smith to step up to the tradition of great Tech recievers: Middleton, White, Campbell, and Watkins.

Defensive MVP: Key Fox
Another tough choice. Two years ago, most Tech fans would've bet that D. Smith would be consensus all-american right now. Nagging injuries have prevented his development. The resulting void has allowed Key Fox to develop into a player now listed as a top 5 LB by Kirk Herbstriet. Fox has the ability to play up or down and seems to have the nose for the ball needed for a big time LB.

Player most likely to have a breakout season: Eric Henderson
Eric made several big 4th quarter plays and big sacks last year playing in rotation. If the Freshman all-american can get some help from his DL mates and avoid double teams he could have a big big year. Other candiates include Reuben Houston in the secondary and Levon Thomas at WR.

Sleeper: George Cooper
Not sure why but I think this guy could come out of nowhere and contribute this year.

Freshman MVP: Reggie Ball
This is the obvious choice based on his suprise ride to #1 on the QB depth chart. However being a true freshman QB is no easy task. With the abundance of Freshman being used this year, we could see players like RB Reshaun Grant or CB Kenny Scott or DL Wrotto, Oliver, or Anoai pop up as stars.

Key game: Clemson Sept. 20 @ GT
With 3 of the first 5 games on the road, this first home conference game is the most important. Recent history tells us that as the Clemson game goes, so goes the season. Tech has matched up man for man with Clemson the past few years and this game will be the measuring stick for this team and where the program is heading.

OFFENSIVE PRESEASON MVP:
Nat Dorsey is not a bad choice, but just to be different I will name Hugh Reilly.

DEFENSIVE MVP:
Dawan Landry

PLAYER MOST LIKELY TO HAVE A BREAKOUT SEASON:
Wrotto Mansfield

SLEEPER:
George Cooper - Agree

FRESHMAN MVP:
Reggie Ball Or Patrick Carter

KEY GAMES:
1) BYU
2) Clemson
3) NCSU
4) Duke

Father Time

Offensive preseason MVP: Hugh Reilly
Nat Dorsey is a popular choice and will be great. But i believe Hugh will have a spectacular senior season.

Defensive MVP: Daryll Smith
Smith and Fox will have great seasons. they will be involved with plenty of blitzes and stunts. they will have the opportunity to make some plays.

Player most likely to have a breakout season: JP Foschi
Coach will use the TE.

Sleeper: PJ Daniels
Running behind a veteran OLine

A stellar QB emerges.

Key game: BYU Aug 28 @ BYU
The first game of the year. Will set the tone for the entire season. Teams pretty evenly matched.

Ylojk8, I like the way you think (well, most of the time)!

Originally posted by ylojk8:
Offensive preseason MVP: Hugh Reilly
[Hugh will be critical for Reggie Ball's success]

Defensive MVP: Daryll Smith
Smith and Fox will have great seasons. they will be involved with plenty of blitzes and stunts. they will have the opportunity to make some plays.

Player most likely to have a breakout season: JP Foschi
Coach will use the TE.
[I agree but hope one of our DT's steps up for the honors]

Sleeper: PJ Daniels
Running behind a veteran OLine
[this line will be awsome!]

A stellar QB emerges.

Key game: BYU Aug 28 @ BYU
The first game of the year. Will set the tone for the entire season. Teams pretty evenly matched.
[this one has to be played like everthing is riding on the outcome, no holding back for Auburn, unfortunately]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Back