Pro Day Tomorrow

I am not sure if he has the hands or the route running skill to be a great pro. But, one thing is for certain, the guy has the right work ethic. He is one sculpted, strong WR. I hope his hard work pays off for him.

He's not Metcalf and he's not what Rower is flailing about.

He's a guy who has had trouble staying on the field, which teams hate, and needs to prove he can play the position. He was hurt by the old offense, but hurt more by injury history.

Teams do not know what they have with him, and are afraid he will never be healthy. They are also afraid he might be Stephen Hill, who was big and fast and happened to play for GT. Hill killed the analytics, except for the short shuttle, which was a red flag the Jets ignored. He also had other issues, but we are not talking about Hill. Teams are naturally suspicious of players who are that freaky but never put up numbers. They are also afraid he was not healthy enough to get the practice reps to know the position as he should with his age level.

So the 40 is affirming, but not the major factor. Everyone who is a pro at scouting knows he would time fast. The freak bench press is not a big deal to scouts but will cause them to review film to make sure he played with strength, and that will boost him some, since he did.

Don't get me wrong. I love the guy and I know enough about him to draft him, but I am thinking like a scout and not a fan when I type the above. I hope he catches fire because scouts chatter like women, but if he goes late or not at all he will not be the first amazingly gifted athlete to have it happen to him, and the above would be why.

Well he didn’t run any drills. So I guess we’ll see which one of us is flailing on draft day. :bigthumbup:

Well he didn’t run any drills. So I guess we’ll see which one of us is flailing on draft day. :bigthumbup:
I wonder if he even bothered to actually look into DK Metcalf’s combine numbers.

But hey, he used all the right jargon and football prospect tropes as heard on TV.

I wonder if he even bothered to actually look into DK Metcalf’s combine numbers.

But hey, he used all the right jargon and football prospect tropes as heard on TV.
I've been follow the NFL draft since before Kiper, when all it was was Joel Buschbaum and a Drug Store list and 1 or 2 others. So I am confident in my analytic skills.

Yeah, Metcalf's numbers are similar to the estimates of Camp's numbers, but they are not the same receiver, and the NFL will not draft them the same way.

You guys crave reducing player analysis to a single number, like what Rivals rates a recruit or a 40 time or an oversimplified player comp, and you fool yourself that you are something more than a boxscore scout.

I've been follow the NFL draft since before Kiper, when all it was was Joel Buschbaum and a Drug Store list and 1 or 2 others. So I am confident in my analytic skills.

Yeah, Metcalf's numbers are similar to the estimates of Camp's numbers, but they are not the same receiver, and the NFL will not draft them the same way.

You guys crave reducing player analysis to a single number, like what Rivals rates a recruit or a 40 time or an oversimplified player comp, and you fool yourself that you are something more than a boxscore scout.

I said his numbers from pro day would raise his stock and get him drafted. You disagreed and said he needed to show out in drills. He didn’t run drills. So we’ll see on draft day(s) who was right. Looking forward to it!

Back