Props - RIP Chip Kell - Only guy I saw block Perdoni (Link)

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Link

Rock & Kell would have hand-to-hand combat, wrestling matches when we played Tennessee in 1969 & 1970.

Rock's hands and wrists were black & blue the week after the Tennessee games.

Chip wasn't as successful in terms of wins as a HS HFC as his dad, but he was certainly respected by all in NW Georgia & loved by his players. You can't ask for more than that.

Props. RIP.

He was a tough dude. Those days of Tech vs Tennessee were some serious wars. RIP

Chip was a great athlete at Avondale and player at Tennessee. He was one of the kids in the Atlanta city coaching community, a truly close fraternity. My Dad really liked his father, “Jug” Kell, the head football coach at Walter George High School. He also coached at Southwest DeKalb and Brown. I am sorry to hear of Chip’s death.

Chip was a great athlete at Avondale and player at Tennessee. He was one of the kids in the Atlanta city coaching community, a truly close fraternity. My Dad really liked his father, “Jug” Kell, the head football coach at Walter George High School. He also coached at Southwest DeKalb and Brown. I am sorry to hear of Chip’s death.
Was Chip there with Charlie Dudish?

Back