Proud of Tech Coaches and Players

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Losing is tough, and it always gives me a sick, empty feeling.

Our offense was a little too much off to sustain enough drives, but still accomplished some good things.

Our defense was not able to tackle, but did get turnovers.

Our special teams were not very good. Long returns allowed and a missed field goal.

Our coaching seemed good

It didn't seem like we got many breaks or calls. After this, I would rather try using SEC refs in this game from now on.

In the middle of the third quarter, I told my wife that I just hoped we wouldn't get routed.

Well, we ended up losing 31-23 to the two time defending national champions with a 29 game winning streak. I feel sad we didn't win, but happy our players and coaches didn't get routed.

I like Key a lot, and I like our staff. This game could be turned into a recruiting and portal advantage.

I also have respect for Kirby Smart. He could have tried to run up the score at the end, but unlike Dabo Sweeney (?) a few years ago, he didn't. I'll pull for Georgia if they play Clemson because of that.

Losing always hurts. But, I think the game was a step in the right direction. We should try to keep the staff and the players and give everybody a nice Christmas bonus.

Now, let's do everything possible to win our bowl game and finish with a winning record.

Go Jackets! To Hell With Georgia!

It didn't seem like we got many breaks or calls. After this, I would rather try using SEC refs in this game from now on.

I thought them overturning that catch on review was a big call that went our way. It was the right call in my opinion, but it was really close and easily could have stood on review.

Similar with the roughing the passer on King. Right call, but you see stuff like that go uncalled all the time on rivalry week.

They called back the Dwags' touchdown with ~4 minutes left in the second quarter for a legitimate hold...but not that different than the hold we got flagged for which people were saying was bullshit and shouldn't have been called.

Overall I thought the refs called a good game. I didn't see any egregious missed calls and they did well to correct the mistakes they did make on replay.

The funny thing is that if you go into the reddit thread about the game, numerous dwags are saying these were the worst refs they've seen all season and that the ACC was trying to screw over the SEC. I guess every team's fanbase thinks the refs are out to get them all the time.

I also have respect for Kirby Smart. He could have tried to run up the score at the end, but unlike Dabo Sweeney (?) a few years ago, he didn't. I'll pull for Georgia if they play Clemson because of that.

Clemson was up big and U[sic]GA was only up one possession...pretty standard to kneel the game out when you're only up one possession to eliminate the risk of losing. This feels like a weird reason for a Tech fan to root for U[sic]GA.

I thought them overturning that catch on review was a big call that went our way. It was the right call in my opinion, but it was really close and easily could have stood on review.

Similar with the roughing the passer on King. Right call, but you see stuff like that go uncalled all the time on rivalry week.

They called back the Dwags' touchdown with ~4 minutes left in the second quarter for a legitimate hold...but not that different than the hold we got flagged for which people were saying was bullshit and shouldn't have been called.

Overall I thought the refs called a good game. I didn't see any egregious missed calls and they did well to correct the mistakes they did make on replay.

The funny thing is that if you go into the reddit thread about the game, numerous dwags are saying these were the worst refs they've seen all season and that the ACC was trying to screw over the SEC. I guess every team's fanbase thinks the refs are out to get them all the time.
Dwag fans are so delusional that the refs are out to get them unless everything goes their way. They don’t even see what happens on the field, just what they want to happen.

I disagree he could have "run up the score". We WANTED them to score or run the ball (hello Miami) when they went into the victory formation. They score there, we still have a chance.
When I saw them go Victory formation in the Red Zone when we still had one timeout I started laughing at Miami again.

Losing is tough, and it always gives me a sick, empty feeling.

Our offense was a little too much off to sustain enough drives, but still accomplished some good things.

Our defense was not able to tackle, but did get turnovers.

Our special teams were not very good. Long returns allowed and a missed field goal.

Our coaching seemed good

In the middle of the third quarter, I told my wife that I just hoped we wouldn't get routed.

Well, we ended up losing 31-23 to the two time defending national champions with a 29 game winning streak. I feel sad we didn't win, but happy our players and coaches didn't get routed.

I like Key a lot, and I like our staff. This game could be turned into a recruiting and portal advantage.

Losing always hurts. But, I think the game was a step in the right direction. We should try to keep the staff and the players and give everybody a nice Christmas bonus.

Now, let's do everything possible to win our bowl game and finish with a winning record.

Go Jackets! To Hell With Georgia!
id wear bright orange and a tiger helmet and tattoo dabos face on my asscheek before I’d root for uga

The one predictable response from uGA fans, win or lose, is to whine like little bitches about the refs.

The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. öööö them.
Yea, the mutts right behind me were screaming at the refs as they left the field for "keeping Tech in the game". I finally said "dude, you won. Chill TF out. Damn, why are you so angry". He started yelling about the refs, how GT only had one flag, and I just looked at him like he was batshit and then said "did you miss the part where you won? Damn, what is it with you Georgia fans being angry assholes in every situation?"

He screamed a few more unintelligible things at me, waved me off, and him and his old buddy left. Good lord, I don't get someone not able to be happy even in a victory.

Yea, the mutts right behind me were screaming at the refs as they left the field for "keeping Tech in the game". I finally said "dude, you won. Chill TF out. Damn, why are you so angry". He started yelling about the refs, how GT only had one flag, and I just looked at him like he was batshit and then said "did you miss the part where you won? Damn, what is it with you Georgia fans being angry assholes in every situation?"

He screamed a few more unintelligible things at me, waved me off, and him and his old buddy left. Good lord, I don't get someone not able to be happy even in a victory.
You have to understand the dynamics of this. uGa is superior to GT one day a year. 1/365th of the year. And not even every year. Anything that takes even a little bit of shine off that apple is to be bitched about incessantly.

Now they are going to be inferior for 364 days. That makes them angry.

I remember when I was a little younger I would throw a Dog Biscuit and them and if you don't shut up I'll come over there and make you. One said you're a Tech Fan you ain't going to do anything. I walked up to him and said you made a mistake I'm a tobacco chewing redneck like most of you. and went to Southern Tech grabbed him by his jacket and told him go sit somewhere else. He and his two friends got up and moved over to section 101. Damn I wish I was still young.

I remember when I was a little younger I would throw a Dog Biscuit and them and if you don't shut up I'll come over there and make you. One said you're a Tech Fan you ain't going to do anything. I walked up to him and said you made a mistake I'm a tobacco chewing redneck like most of you. and went to Southern Tech grabbed him by his jacket and told him go sit somewhere else. He and his two friends got up and moved over to section 101. Damn I wish I was still young.
I’m not as physically intimidating as I was, but I’ve developed deadly farts. They don’t want to mess with me.

It seemed like they could have called PI on the long incompletion to Haynes in the SE corner. Defender plowed into him and never looked back for the ball.

They missed an out of bounds horsecollar takedown of Malik late in the game (the play before he got injured after a catch).

The thing I was most pissed about was that the team didn’t hurry up and snap the ball after the tipped ball PI that was overturned. The Dwag stood there in the middle of the field by himself signaling a tip for like 15 seconds after the play - we had to know what was coming if we were paying attention. Hike the damn ball.

JRjr

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get carried away there. You know it's an option to just hate Georgia AND Clemson, right?

It seemed like they could have called PI on the long incompletion to Haynes in the SE corner. Defender plowed into him and never looked back for the ball.

They missed an out of bounds horsecollar takedown of Malik late in the game (the play before he got injured after a catch).

The thing I was most pissed about was that the team didn’t hurry up and snap the ball after the tipped ball PI that was overturned. The Dwag stood there in the middle of the field by himself signaling a tip for like 15 seconds after the play - we had to know what was coming if we were paying attention. Hike the damn ball.

JRjr
That is a PI just about every time and was a huge play in the game.

Moral victories suck but for some reason losing by a TD to a team with a payroll that is an order of magnitude higher feels good this morning.

Also, I feel bad for getting drunk last night and texting all of my friends that are WalMart UGA fans. It's sad that they were too dumb to get into that place even back in the day when the entrance requirements were to merely have a pulse. To make up for it, I'm going to go to Walmart today and find the first person I see wearing UGA gear and pay their bill.

JRjr
That was right in front of us. We were pissed.

Back