Quarterback

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Long ago, back in the heyday of the Hive, many people were saying we had to get a real quarterback, anyone not named Joe Hamilton. As Joe progressed during his RS freshman year, the voices quieted down and after a certain game they were completely hushed. One font's handle was needaqb; he apologized and changed his handle.

Joe had a far better surrounding cast than does James, plus continuation of staff, not an entirely new set of coaches. It's moronic to blame our losses this year on a QB.

The Jacket

The Coat
Long ago, back in the heyday of the Hive, many people were saying we had to get a real quarterback, anyone not named Joe Hamilton. As Joe progressed during his RS freshman year, the voices quieted down and after a certain game they were completely hushed. One font's handle was needaqb; he apologized and changed his handle.

Joe had a far better surrounding cast than does James, plus continuation of staff, not an entirely new set of coaches. It's moronic to blame our losses this year on a QB.
His successor is another good example. On the morning of Sunday, September 3rd, 2000, there were people who wanted Jermaine Crenshaw starting under center despite George Godsey's 3TD performance in an overall underwhelming effort against Central Florida. Goose was the second slowest man in history whereas Crenshaw, like Joe, was.. fast. The morning of the 10th, we had been robbed of a win over #2 Florida State but we had found an absolute star at QB.

People who bitch for a change at quarterback are usually bigger morons than the ones calling for the coach's head.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
His successor is another good example. On the morning of Sunday, September 3rd, 2000, there were people who wanted Jermaine Crenshaw starting under center despite George Godsey's 3TD performance in an overall underwhelming effort against Central Florida. Goose was the second slowest man in history whereas Crenshaw, like Joe, was.. fast. The morning of the 10th, we had been robbed of a win over #2 Florida State but we had found an absolute star at QB.

People who bitch for a change at quarterback are usually bigger morons than the ones calling for the coach's head.
Wasn't Godsey like all state in football, basketball and baseball in Florida for his classification. Not sure if I remember correctly, but he was a hell of a high school athlete

The Jacket

The Coat
Wasn't Godsey like all state in football, basketball and baseball in Florida for his classification. Not sure if I remember correctly, but he was a hell of a high school athlete
I don't remember, and it's difficult for me to imagine Goose not getting thrown out at first, even if he knocks the ball out of the park. I remember that he was super smart and his personal life revolved around a passion for hot wings.

moochie

Varsity Lurker

we need better offensive guards.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
We could use an upgrade at EVERY position all the way down to waterboy and all the way up to Head Coach.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
I wanted us to somehow hold onto Steven Threet, but damn Michigan was a train wreck and Threet's family were fans. He would have been so much better off staying put.
He wouldn’t have started over JFN for CPJ

are you saying he would’ve started true frosh and saved Chan’s job??

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
We could use an upgrade at EVERY position all the way down to waterboy and all the way up to Head Coach.
Do you really not think with even a functional o line including the ones we lost to injury we wouldn’t have 5 wins right now?

gte490v

Dodd-Like
Should be easy to get a top notch QB, we have a history of that. Here’s our primary starters going back far enough (next 2 are Godsey and Hamilton).

T Marshall
J Thomas
V Lee
T Washington
J Nesbitt
T Bennett
R Ball
AJ Suggs

The guys busted their tails and we all appreciate that. I think J Thomas was the best passer and he wouldn’t have gotten a shot at QB anywhere else. T Washington and J Nesbitt we’re fun to watch run the option and did it well, but there’s high school seniors that haven’t been alive to see elite QB play at Georgia Tech.

Probably need to show a recruit that we can create a pocket consistently and fill a stadium sometimes before we start hoping to land a 4 star QB. Skill positions are good right now. Defense is good but has some holes. Our young QBs can win us some games for sure, Graham has shown some good stuff, but inconsistent. That said, even if everything goes right we are still looking at 2021 at the earliest to have an experienced, pro-sized/skilled OL and high performing QB for this offense.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Should be easy to get a top notch QB, we have a history of that. Here’s our primary starters going back far enough (next 2 are Godsey and Hamilton).

T Marshall
J Thomas
V Lee
T Washington
J Nesbitt
T Bennett
R Ball
AJ Suggs

The guys busted their tails and we all appreciate that. I think J Thomas was the best passer and he wouldn’t have gotten a shot at QB anywhere else. T Washington and J Nesbitt we’re fun to watch run the option and did it well, but there’s high school seniors that haven’t been alive to see elite QB play at Georgia Tech.

Probably need to show a recruit that we can create a pocket consistently and fill a stadium sometimes before we start hoping to land a 4 star QB. Skill positions are good right now. Defense is good but has some holes. Our young QBs can win us some games for sure, Graham has shown some good stuff, but inconsistent. That said, even if everything goes right we are still looking at 2021 at the earliest to have an experienced, pro-sized/skilled OL and high performing QB for this offense.
I think tucker Gleason is a 4 star talent.. also Yates was a 4 star dual threat

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Wrong, we need a decent offensive line.

Russell Wilson would suck behind this offensive line.
Russell Wilson got me 53 fantasy points this week and I’m 2 games ahead of all the dwags in our league.

Russell Wilson is a saint.