Quarterbacks By Rod

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
QUARTERBACK

Damarius Bilbo 6'3" 225 Sophomore (RS)
Robbie Brown 6'2" 180 Junior (RS)
Brian Camp 6'1" 225 Senior (RS)
A.J. Suggs 6'4' 215 Senior (RS)

We all know Bilbo's potential. If I remember right, Bilbo, Suggs and Camp were the best quarterback's in their states when they were recruited out of high school.

Bilbo seems to be the most athletic. Suggs seems to be a pro type passer if he has the time in the pocket. Camp appears to be a player that is heady and would be less likely to make mistakes.

I have heard nothing about Robbie Brown, so I cannot comment on him. Others might add something about Robbie.

I believe Nix will make all of the quarterbacks better. Most likely Bilbo will be the starter. Bilbo needs to learn to take a little off the ball on short passes, but otherwise seems to throw pretty accurately.

I look for Suggs to have his best performance this year, although it will probably be in a secondary role. Camp will probably be the number three man.

I do not see the two freshmen playing any this year, unless Bilbo and the two seniors cannot get the job done.

I repeat a statement, I made in another post. Any coach would love to have a starter with the talent of Bilbo, and two senior quarterbacks in reserve.

With Carter and Ball here, just in case, I think we are solid in the quarterback department.

Look for all quarterbacks to improve as the year progresses.

Father Time

Brown must be the red head that was throwing passes to the wideouts in the one-on-one (DB vs. WR) scrimmages. The QB had no pads on, and I was wondering who he was because his passes were all good. However, there was no rush and without scrimmaging with pads, no can tell much. I am just guessing that was Brown. He was a tall skinny kid with red hair.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:

I repeat a statement, I made in another post. Any coach would love to have a starter with the talent of Bilbo,
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Everyone in the whole state of Mississippi to begin with. Ole Miss and Miss St. in particular.

Unless a fresh unseats Bilbo, Bilbo will be the starter come Aug 28th no matter what. I think we can mark this in the books.

Back