Question For RM2

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
RM2, after watching last night's game we saw some definite HIGHs as well as some LOWs. I'm thinking that some of the LOWs may have been due to lack of depth.

Question-1:

Other than the special teams, how would you have graded out our Offense/Defense from last night? Also, how would you have graded out the Officiating?
I'm asking you this since you have done HS coaching, you are bound to do some grading even if it is done unitentionally.

Question-2:

If this were your team to coach, what would you do about the Special Teams situation?

romegajacket said:
RM2, after watching last night's game we saw some definite HIGHs as well as some LOWs. I'm thinking that some of the LOWs may have been due to lack of depth.

Question-1:

Other than the special teams, how would you have graded out our Offense/Defense from last night? Also, how would you have graded out the Officiating?
I'm asking you this since you have done HS coaching, you are bound to do some grading even if it is done unitentionally.

Question-2:

If this were your team to coach, what would you do about the Special Teams situation?

1. Offensively probably a C-D. We, I am afraid are in the pro style mindset with so much conservatism. We need to open the gates and find ways to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers. Last night was better than last year, but it has to be much better IMO. As I said last night we will see much BETTER defenses this year.

Defensively B-A. Once again it looks as if this is our strong suit. But if we continue to put them in difficult situations they will get tired as they did last night. Having to make up for 71 yards in a half of football is almost overcomable IMO. Defense will win us some games this year. 356 yards is a lot to give-up, but our offense HAS to help the defense.

Officiating - I try to be unbias as much as possible. If we take care of matters on offense. I do not think officiating comes into play. The late hit was flat out garbage. As bad as I hate to say it, CJ's catch did hit the ground. You have to be able to overcome some bad calls in a game and we did not. Although the Wheeler penalty killed us. Mover called me from stadium and I told him it was BS.

2. Special teams is an attitude and we do NOT have it nor have we for a couple of years . You have to convince your team how important they are. They are 1/3 of a team and last night they were just horrible.

Back