Question for those attending practice

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
It may be looking like the DL may have mode depth than we thought several months ago...

Is Koon starting to come one ? It sounds like he has the strength and size, but is the new coaching staff coaching him up to more Playing time ?

Also what hapopened to Casey L - has he dropped on the depth chart ?

Does it look like we may have more talent/depth than we thought before ? Koon coming on would be HUGE IMO...

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
make that "more" depth...sheeesssss
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya know you can edit your original post, if you want. I like that aspect of this board. On other boards, if you screw up the 1st time, it stays. Here, you can actually proofread after you've posted.

Axe
Do you think Koon could develop into a starter, or at least get into the main rotation ?

Whats the difference this year in him ? (compared to last) - motivation ? Can he be a solid contributer ?

also - has Johnson put on more weight this year ?

Thanks

I was at practice yesterday and I'll tell you who I wish would "come on" is Alfred Malone. That guy is fast, flexible, and a monster.

Has Alfred not looked very good so far? I haven't heard his name mentioned a lot so far..

Gold,

Like I said, I haven't seen the d-line in full pads, so I can't really say much. In drills Koon looks a little quicker, but he still has a lot of work to do. I see him as a role player on the d-line. We also have to remember that he should really be a RS-So. this year, so it might take a little more time. I would be happy to see him give us 8-12 plays a game.

I think Malone is a real good athlete and will likely hold on to his #1 spot. Just looking at him, I think he needs to work on playing lower.

We don't have a guy that is going to control things up front. We will ask our guys to move around a lot and get off blocks. We aren't asking them to do a lot, just don't get stuck on single OLs and keep moving.

We are certainly in better shape on the DL than we have been a long time, but that doesn't say a lot. IMHO, the last few years we've had some solid starting DEs, but our DT play has been just about as bad as it can get. Chan still looks at the unit as a concern but I don't think he realizes how bad it's been.

I haven't seen a practice in pads yet, but I kind of throw Parker, Koon, Billy, Loesch, and Brezina in a group together. I think all will make some contributions this season. A few of those guys have a lot of potential and could come on this season. The DE group is deeper as well, I feel comfortable with Wright, Holiday, and Henderson on the field. I think we will end up playing 11 DLs each week.

Back