Quick Lane Prediction Thread

The Minnesota DC has experience against the TO and had a month to prepare. We aren't going to run over them, but I think we'll make a few big plays and be able to wear them down in the second half. I'm hoping to see our defense improve after a full season under CNW. The gophers are playing short-handed and don't have experience against the CPJ offense, so it could be a blowout, but I think it will be fairly close:

Rodents 24
Yellow Jackets 31
GT 37 Mn 30

The Minnesota DC has experience against the TO and had a month to prepare. We aren't going to run over them, but I think we'll make a few big plays and be able to wear them down in the second half. I'm hoping to see our defense improve after a full season under CNW. The gophers are playing short-handed and don't have experience against the CPJ offense, so it could be a blowout, but I think it will be fairly close:

Rodents 24
Yellow Jackets 31
Should be interesting to see how much effort our lame duck staff will have invested into this game, given the fact that when the scoreboard hits 0:00 they will be unemployed. I am sure Paul Johnson wants to go out with a win, and the players will play hard, but just how much prep has the coaching staff done? The holidays, the bowl snub, Detroit, and getting fired. Might dampen their enthusiasm a bit.

Should be interesting to see how much effort our lame duck staff will have invested into this game, given the fact that when the scoreboard hits 0:00 they will be unemployed. I am sure Paul Johnson wants to go out with a win, and the players will play hard, but just how much prep has the coaching staff done? The holidays, the bowl snub, Detroit, and getting fired. Might dampen their enthusiasm a bit.

Tech's performance in this game will be part of the job resume for the assistants and staff, and I assume that most of them are competitive by nature and take pride in their work. It will be the only game on at 5:15, a matchup between two P5 teams, and televised nationally on ESPN. They know a lot of people who care will be tuned in to see them, so I doubt they're just mailing-in this performance.

Tech's performance in this game will be part of the job resume for the assistants and staff, and I assume that most of them are competitive by nature and take pride in their work. It will be the only game on at 5:15, a matchup between two P5 teams, and televised nationally on ESPN. They know a lot of people who care will be tuned in to see them, so I doubt they're just mailing-in this performance.
I didn't mean to imply that they will mail it in, just another subplot to the game. These men are humans, and, yes they wouldn't be P5 coaches without a lot of dedication and acceptance of the lifestyle. But it has been a rough year for them. Early in the season, at 1-3, you know they understood what might be coming at the end of the season. Then the team clawed back into the division race, and, hey, we could conceivably make the ACCCG. Then we got bowl eligible, then CPJ retires, and they are all left in the lurch. Just saying, in October these coaches and their families probably didn't foresee spending Christmas in a hotel in Detroit, MI, getting ready to play their last game as a Tech assistant coach before a screaming throng of 12,000 .

If they're paid by the hour, expect a lot of late timeouts to extend the game a bit.

I didn't mean to imply that they will mail it in, just another subplot to the game. These men are humans, and, yes they wouldn't be P5 coaches without a lot of dedication and acceptance of the lifestyle. But it has been a rough year for them. Early in the season, at 1-3, you know they understood what might be coming at the end of the season. Then the team clawed back into the division race, and, hey, we could conceivably make the ACCCG. Then we got bowl eligible, then CPJ retires, and they are all left in the lurch. Just saying, in October these coaches and their families probably didn't foresee spending Christmas in a hotel in Detroit, MI, getting ready to play their last game as a Tech assistant coach before a screaming throng of 12,000 .

I’m pretty sure you are just a glass half empty kind of guy.

GT 34
Hayden Fox's Minnesota State University Screamin Eagles - 19

Back