Quinlan steps in it again.

thwg

Damn Good Rat
Tub of goo pitching for the Brewers right now.

BuckNasty

Damn Good Rat
I don't know what's going on with the Braves. We have some pretty decent hitters but the pitching just worries me. Not really surprising news.

jacket1515

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s funny, he didn’t like the old one either. And the feeling was mutual if you know what I mean.
Not sure why your panties are so wadded up over this to begin with, but this post leads me to believe you don't have any clue what you're talking about.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Not sure why your panties are so wadded up over this to begin with, but this post leads me to believe you don't have any clue what you're talking about.
Thanks for letting me know.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I think he doesn’t like the new coach for some reason
I am not a reporter, but it would seem that having CGC as your beat would make it much easier for you to write articles--compared to Paul Johnson. At least in the short term.

684Bee

Varsity Lurker
I am not a reporter, but it would seem that having CGC as your beat would make it much easier for you to write articles--compared to Paul Johnson. At least in the short term.
GT needs to do a better job of feeding stories to the media. That’s something that the SID at Uga has always done a good job of.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
To be fair, I've seen Juanyeh's mom go a little haywire before. She seems to have good intent but is a bit Cersei-like when it comes to protecting her kids.
I don't care what Juanyeh's mom said, cuz when you collapse it all she is saying is, "I love my son."

A PROFESSIONAL beat writer would only say, "Kid A is great (or 'going to be great' or 'is getting better by the day' or something), but this article was about the job Kid B is doing, and he deserves the love."

The reporter needs good relations with the kids and good relations with the relations of the kids, or they will wind up with no quotes, no audience and eventually no job. So it is a strike to pick a fight with a prospect. It is a strike to pick a fight with a mom. It is a strike to pick a fight with a fan base. That's a lot of strikes.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I don't care what Juanyeh's mom said, cuz when you collapse it all she is saying is, "I love my son."

A PROFESSIONAL beat writer would only say, "Kid A is great (or 'going to be great' or 'is getting better by the day' or something), but this article was about the job Kid B is doing, and he deserves the love."

The reporter needs good relations with the kids and good relations with the relations of the kids, or they will wind up with no quotes, no audience and eventually no job. So it is a strike to pick a fight with a prospect. It is a strike to pick a fight with a mom. It is a strike to pick a fight with a fan base. That's a lot of strikes.
seems like Mom A said "what about my kid." Dad B said "this is about my kid." Mom A said "your kid eats boogers." Dad B said "your kid throws like a girl." Quinlan said "what the hell are y'all doing?"

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
seems like Mom A said "what about my kid." Dad B said "this is about my kid." Mom A said "your kid eats boogers." Dad B said "your kid throws like a girl." Quinlan said "what the hell are y'all doing?"
No KQ was not involved in their back and forth. He was responding to a now deleted tweet.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
GT needs to do a better job of feeding stories to the media. That’s something that the SID at Uga has always done a good job of.
To be fair it is easier to feed stories to reporters you knew on campus when they were students there.

GT has never gotten a fair shake and never will, and it has nothing to do with W-L percentages. So the current regime is cutting the media out, reaching straight to the kids, and building an excitement that we should not hold our breath waiting for it to bubble up to local TV, radio, or print. And that builds a certain resentment with the gate-keeper in itself, no matter how polite you are to them. The only thing they would appreciate you doing for them is giving you info that they could use to destroy you, and that is not hyperbole.

Techbert,
old enough to remember the Worst SID of All Time

upload_2019-5-14_12-16-10.jpeg

Ish

Dodd-Like
Kelly is nice in person but his tone and online demeanor is really patronizing.

684Bee

Varsity Lurker
To be fair it is easier to feed stories to reporters you knew on campus when they were students there.

GT has never gotten a fair shake and never will, and it has nothing to do with W-L percentages. So the current regime is cutting the media out, reaching straight to the kids, and building an excitement that we should not hold our breath waiting for it to bubble up to local TV, radio, or print. And that builds a certain resentment with the gate-keeper in itself, no matter how polite you are to them. The only thing they would appreciate you doing for them is giving you info that they could use to destroy you, and that is not hyperbole.

Techbert,
old enough to remember the Worst SID of All Time

upload_2019-5-14_12-16-10.jpeg
I think you bring up a good point. “Journalism” is now conducted largely with 140 character posts. GT can, and is, producing their own media, going around the traditional channel. I like it.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Techbert - Is that Norman Arey? AKA "The Dead One"?
It is. I once posted that he was probably dead three years but too lazy to fall down, and the name stuck.

He would loudly and often proclaim how it was impossible to build a winner @GT. He and Braine were quite a pair.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
I think he doesn’t like the new coach for some reason
Don’t want to get into one those this board bs that board discussions but don’t know why you would sat that. Seems pretty supportive to me.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Don’t want to get into one those this board bs that board discussions but don’t know why you would sat that. Seems pretty supportive to me.
Dude. The internet is public, permanent, and searchable.