Radakovich Staying

Re: Chan\'s contract is solid

thanks for the insight John. I am very positive about our situation now. With support from a competent AD, maybe Chan can deliver, who knows? It appears we may be all on the same page for a change.

He talked a little about the grad. rates. Of the last 3 classes he said that 84% of the kids will either graduate or be on schedule if my mind remembers. of the remaining ones they are in the NFL and will be coming back if they chose.

He took sole responsibility about the bowl loss, no ifs ands or buts.

Talked a little about the bowl line up and who would be going where. teams 3 through 5 will be playing on the east coast regardless. 4 and 5 will head out west.

Talked of the importance of not turning down a bowl because it's like having a second spring practice especially for the young guys on the team. It gives the coaches the ability to place players properly in the spring. We will never turn down a bowl and I agree with him. The players have the choice and it is still a reward to them especially the seniors.

He is happy with the new hires and what they bring to the table especially in recruiting.

Other than that he thanked all that were there in attendence and appreciated the support. I saw a more openess with Chan than i have ever seen even in our one on one meetings.

I did however explain to him that the bowl was not acceptable and the up and down games were not acceptable as well. as of this coming year he will have 19 of 22 starter that will have 3 or 4 years under their belt and the most depth he has had since he arrived.

I still expect 9-3 and 6-2 in conference play and playing for the ACCC at years end with a win in athens.

overall i was impressed on how he handled and reacted to questions.I would still put him on the hot seat for next year, jmo.

"I still expect 9-3 and 6-2 in conference play and playing for the ACCC at years end with a win in athens."
JD,
I can agree w/you on that statement. However, as you well know, that win in Athens is going to be a real challenge.
We are simply going to need to get some breaks as I see it. With the recruiting machine they have now makes one feel like David slaying the giant. I'm saying it can be done but we better go in there with a "WANT" in our gut.
I also am glad you got an opportunity to go one on one with CCG, and too I am glad to see a more optimistic post.
BTW, how many of the posters here on Stingtalk have played football at GT? Any idea?

I recieved my season ticket renewel e-mail and looked at the upcoming years schedule today. If absolutely everything goes right we could go 10-2, I think. But if much goes wrong we could easily be 7-5 again. I would like to think that 8-3 is more likely or 9-2 if things go well. I definitely think this is the year to take our UGAy and UVAg

Thanks so much for the info, Mover.

CCG should take the blame, for the bowl and the past few mediocre seasons that we've had. I, for one, am pumped about the new AD. He is used to winning and I suspect he will have very little tolerance for lackluster performance.

My vote is to pull the contract off the table. At the very least he should be given this year as his probationary period and rewarded/terminated based on the results.

[ QUOTE ]
CCG should take the blame, for the bowl and the past few mediocre seasons that we've had. I, for one, am pumped about the new AD. He is used to winning and I suspect he will have very little tolerance for lackluster performance.

My vote is to pull the contract off the table. At the very least he should be given this year as his probationary period and rewarded/terminated based on the results.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you do that then you might as well fire him right now. Glad that you don't get a vote.(it's not like I do either, but just saying).

That makes no sense. If you pull the contract, you're basically saying he has a one year deal. If he chose to stay, it would completely undermine any recruiting we're trying to do and would basically remove us from any top ranked recruit's lists. The fact is, if the new man decides after this year that Chan isn't the right guy, we buy out his deal and move on with another coach. But to put the job in play now is a ridiculous notion.

[ QUOTE ]
That makes no sense. If you pull the contract, you're basically saying he has a one year deal. If he chose to stay, it would completely undermine any recruiting we're trying to do and would basically remove us from any top ranked recruit's lists. The fact is, if the new man decides after this year that Chan isn't the right guy, we buy out his deal and move on with another coach. But to put the job in play now is a ridiculous notion.

[/ QUOTE ]

When is the last time we signed a number of 4 and 5 star recruits?

2002 2 fours
2003 2 fours
2004 1 five and 1 four
2005 2 fours
2006 1 four

We are obviously burning it up on the recruiting trail (must be the dynamic personality at Head Coach). If this level of success /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekhair.gif could be jeopardized then we really are in trouble.

Would you rather have NO PLAYERS willing to talk to us? We've just revamped our coaching staff and recruiting responsibilities. We have a number of highly ranked recruits at least talking to us now. Do you want to flush that now?

Look at it this way. If Chan has a good year, we may have some recruiting success given the new coaches and new emphasis on recruiters when we hired them. If we have a bad year, we start over again with a new staff. But if we pull the contract now, the season basically ends IMO. All the coaches know it's one and done. The players know it's over. Recruits don't return calls. If we change coaches after the season we're at least looking at a normal transition. If we screw with the contract now we look like we have no clue what's going on.

Back