Ramblin Light Show

The light show needs us not to have 20% fan capacity and for people to know what they're doing, but it has potential. I had my phone sync'ed to do it, then it popped up asking me to rate the GT athletics app and it wouldn't re-sync. It still needs some work, that's for sure.

The flashing of the stadium lights on 3rd downs was cool. I'm sure it will become a staple at all venues that have LEDs. Glad I got to see it firsthand before Saban gets it banned.

They quit doing that after the first handful of times. I’m guessing someone told the guy to stop. It definitely creates an unfair advantage. You basically turn the lights off as they prepare their 3rd down play.

I thought I read no horse this year because of chinavirus?

They play a shortened version of it, minus the running around part. The stadium music didn’t make anybody leave - those who wanted to stay stayed.

I definitely didn’t hear the Dixie flourish in W&G the couple of times I could hear the whole song clearly.

If we’re going to kick XPs so quick after the TD, we need to bring back the “get quiet at the end of W&G during the kick and then go straight into the Wreck” version that they used to play in the 90s.

JRjr

The light show on the phones was actually really cool even at 20% capacity and less than half the people doing it.

I gotta say, the new lights + speakers are very impressive. When we get back to normal with 45k+ in there, night games are going to be something else. The energy in the stadium is just different now and a packed house is going to be so much fun

The flashing of the stadium lights on 3rd downs was cool. I'm sure it will become a staple at all venues that have LEDs. Glad I got to see it firsthand before Saban gets it banned.

As far as I know, Alabama was the first school to do it. Saban could change his mind after he starts facing it regularly on the road though.

strobe.gif

Back