Random stats on a slow day

odw

Jolly Good Fellow
Going over stats from last and I noticed this

Nesbitt was 2nd in the conference in yards per carry (of guys with atleast 30 carries).

Dwyer was 6th in the conference.

If this is what they do in their frosh year I think by their senior years, these two have the chance to be another White/Slanton type combo for us, with Roddy being our Noel Devine homerun guy. If these guys are willing to put in the work, this will be a very tough trio to stop.

Then you throw in speedsters like Wright and Peeples, how can you not be excited.

well I am excited as are a lot of people, but some may not be as excited for the next year because the triple option is all dependent on the qb "getting it," lets hope nesbit does... also the offensive line is very very crucial to the success of the offense, as it is of any offense... all that said I am excited, can't wait for April 19th

We have 2 new QBs in the program who 'get it' if Nesbitt doesn't.

yes there are i was simply commenting on the trio of nesbitt jones and dwyer, saying that nesbitt may not be the guy... i hope he is and does get it because he has all of the athletic ability in the world

I'm just saying I'm excited either way. :) I was worried until we landed those two outstanding option QBs at the last second.

....and throw in the 5 recruits he's landed before April. This man isn't beating around the bush here.

Yeah. The days of not filling our class out are long gone.

I am dreaming of a day when we dominate the recruiting in the state of GA... o what a day:biggthumpup:

If we manage 2 in a row vs UGA, with our current staff, we will be dead even with them in in-state recruiting. That's all it will take.

We will never "dominate" in state recruiting. Just won't happen again. There are plenty of atheletes to where we can get all we need, but we will always have to stop and judge academics to an extent. UGA doesn't have that setback, even if our program is performing better at a particular time.

Yup. The best we can hope for is that we get the smart half and they get the dumb half, and that'd be fine by me.

We will never "dominate" in state recruiting. Just won't happen again. There are plenty of atheletes to where we can get all we need, but we will always have to stop and judge academics to an extent. UGA doesn't have that setback, even if our program is performing better at a particular time.

Totally agree with this. As long as we can get our fair share of quality SA's from the state and keep CPJ around then I think we will be in in pretty good shape in future years. It is a good thing to have a coach who can actually make positive gametime adjustments and having quality athletes who can execute is not a bad thing either.:fingersx:

Methinks ye don't remember the recruiting classes of 1999 and 2000.

I agree with you bj. If we start beating them regularly, a recruit would have absolutely no reason whatsoever to pick them over us ... better program, better education, better location (debatable), better coaches, etc.

I think if we beat them two years in a row, we would be able to outrecruit them. Although, I don't know if we could ever "dominate" them in recruiting, just because of all of the Ugag grads/fans in the state and in the HS coaching ranks.

Back