Randy Shannon ded

tenor.gif
@Architorture23

Not saying I wouldn't be cool with him, but what kind of recruiting classes did he get at all of those places to go with those rankings?
Great ones. So at worst, his defenses perform as well as they should. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I am ok if we keep Roof because I think he can turn this defense around with a couple of good recruiting years; but if we know for fact we can get RS it would be very tempting. Shannon may be able to connect with recruits that Roof can't; but the question would be whether the recruits he connects with can get in GT. I would also want P. Swilling's opinion on the change. I think we owe P. Swilling a vote on the change since he just sent his two boys here to play for GT/Roof on defense. If all things were equal I would take R. Shannon over Roof; but all things aren't equal.

That said I don't see our AD making a move to fire his former team mate this year.

I am ok if we keep Roof because I think he can turn this defense around with a couple of good recruiting years; but if we know for fact we can get RS it would be very tempting. Shannon may be able to connect with recruits that Roof can't; but the question would be whether the recruits he connects with can get in GT. I would also want P. Swilling's opinion on the change. I think we owe P. Swilling a vote on the change since he just sent his two boys here to play for GT/Roof on defense. If all things were equal I would take R. Shannon over Roof; but all things aren't equal.

That said I don't see our AD making a move to fire his former team mate this year.

P. Swilling is not the kingmaker. Players go to play for coaches all the time and coaches get fired all the time. No different with Roof.

Go after Randy.

P. Swilling is not the kingmaker. Players go to play for coaches all the time and coaches get fired all the time. No different with Roof.

Go after Randy.

Pat knows more about defense than either of us, and probably all the posters in this thread combined. I'm also not flippant about alienating former players who have just made a huge commitment to the program, because I don't want future legacy players to fear getting the bait and switch. Getting his opinion would not just be a courtesy, it would be good counsel from someone with a vested interest.

There was a rumor earlier this week that the Swillings weren't happy, whatever that's worth.

Pat knows more about defense than either of us, and probably all the posters in this thread combined. I'm also not flippant about alienating former players who have just made a huge commitment to the program, because I don't want future legacy players to fear getting the bait and switch. Getting his opinion would not just be a courtesy, it would be good counsel from someone with a vested interest.

There was a rumor earlier this week that the Swillings weren't happy, whatever that's worth.
I am very happy with the idea of keeping them happy. But the idea of keeping Roof because he is a Tech man I don't like (I know that wasn't what you said). If he can take us forward I'm good with it. I didnt enjoy the idea of hiring him. Am strongly against the idea of hiring "Tech men" because they are nothing more than "Tech men". If they are the best choice for the football team or whatever spot then absolutely do it. Hire the best we can get and the best for the position is my opinion. As far as the Swillings go I wish there were more former players involved and I am happy for them to be at GT. Absolutely former players should be able to have some platform for the program. You are right bro, they should have a take in what goes on but not always who is hired and who is fired. That leads to a very slippery slope.

Back