Ranked #93 out of 117? Did I hear that

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
correctly? Ranked right above San Jose St? Geesh. Before long, good teams will be playing us as an early "cupcake" team.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
correctly? Ranked right above San Jose St? Geesh. Before long, good teams will be playing us as an early "cupcake" team.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">bizzy,

Yes...CBS Sportsline (Linkie Dinkie) has us ranked #93 out of 117 teams.

Even dook is ranked ahead of us.
pat.gif

Every single team on our schedule has us marked down on their calendar as a W.
puke.gif

What more is there to say?
confused.gif

But no one on Stingtalk can be surprised....there was ample warning.....IN ADVANCE.
mad.gif

Well, I am embarrassed. I wonder when the last time when we were ranked that badly.

On the bright side, with steady improvement, we can work our way up to maybe even 85th. Man, I just want to cry thinking about GT fb tradition and where we are today.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Well, I am embarrassed. I wonder when the last time when we were ranked that badly.

On the bright side, with steady improvement, we can work our way up to maybe even 85th. Man, I just want to cry thinking about GT fb tradition and where we are today.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I want to ditto your sentiments! That's a drop that NO ONE even those For Chan should never accept OR expect!

You guys kill me. If you notice, there are no teams #'d 103 or 107. I don't take any credence in a "poll" that forgets to put two teams in.

We are being talked about by everyone and you think this Poll is the only thing negative being said? You need to open up those ears and listen closely ...

This is a damn shame, even if it were a mistake but it's not!

Is she entitled to her opinion or are we now living in North Korea?

Thanks now please stfu.

Originally posted by Beesnut:

Thanks now please stfu.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Pot or kettle?

Not sure what you mean there huckleberry. I'm not the pot or the kettle. She is entitled to her opinion just like everyone else in America.

So what was your point?

Not sure what you mean there huckleberry. I'm not the pot or the kettle. She is entitled to her opinion just like everyone else in America.

So what was your point?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As am I, "huckleberry". BTW, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "huckleberry", but, by context clues, I'm sure you weren't complimenting me.
wink.gif

If dumb posts were a dollar MSTech could fix the national debt.

Her posts are like those old mad libs books where the nouns stay the same but the adjectives change.

Frankly, 2001 was the hardest season ever to me as a Tech Fan. The coaches looked absolutely clueless out there and I will never forget it. Every coach has a bad game here or there but wow was that bad. Danzler running all over us with zero adjustments?

The worst part is I kept thinking 'We will never get rid of OLeary and OLeary is too pig headed to get and/or keep some experienced assistants around him.' Notre Dame saved us and I still believe that to this day.

A coach is only as good as his assistants and we have some very good ones now. Tenuta has already had an impact on our talent level on the line and in the secondary. He will turn us into an Oklahoma if we give him a little time. Only hysterical fans or Clough (academics) could keep this from happening.

The chances of us landing a better HC are slim. The chances of us landing a better DC are none.

CBS Sportsline is a nothing ranking (not a poll) put together by some 3rd-rate staffer at the SEC's TV network. (Not that it matters what we are ranked by anyone after one game of the season.)

Consensus of rankings with some sense of credibility has us in the 50's, i.e. mediocre, which is exactly where we belong until we prove otherwise.

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Originally posted by GTCrew:

Her posts are like those old mad libs books where the nouns stay the same but the adjectives change.

Frankly, 2001 was the hardest season ever to me as a Tech Fan. The coaches looked absolutely clueless out there and I will never forget it. Every coach has a bad game here or there but wow was that bad. Danzler running all over us with zero adjustments?

The worst part is I kept thinking 'We will never get rid of OLeary and OLeary is too pig headed to get and/or keep some experienced assistants around him.' Notre Dame saved us and I still believe that to this day.

A coach is only as good as his assistants and we have some very good ones now. Tenuta has already had an impact on our talent level on the line and in the secondary. He will turn us into an Oklahoma if we give him a little time. Only hysterical fans or Clough (academics) could keep this from happening.

The chances of us landing a better HC are slim. The chances of us landing a better DC are none.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If my posts are worth a buck each this one's worth NOTHING! You actually think the assistant coaches on this campus RIGHT NOW, are better then before????????????? Maybe that's the problem you're having - you just believe something that doesn't exist!

Turn us into an OKIE??????? I love day dreaming -it looks like you do as well. The story is, if you surround yourself with great assistants, you the HC can look great, UMMMMMMMMMMM. Nope doesn't happen here.
frown.gif

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">well, she is a yankee female...
pat.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GTCrew:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If my posts are worth a buck each this one's worth NOTHING! You actually think the assistant coaches on this campus RIGHT NOW, are better then before????????????? Maybe that's the problem you're having - you just believe something that doesn't exist!

Turn us into an OKIE??????? I love day dreaming -it looks like you do as well. The story is, if you surround yourself with great assistants, you the HC can look great, UMMMMMMMMMMM. Nope doesn't happen here.
frown.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What in the hell are you trying to say?? That is the most jumbled bunch of gobblygoop you've posted in a while. Don't just type. Think first.

The ONLY reason I could stomach the UGA game from last year is that I lived through Clemson 2001. The same play over and over. We were beaten by one player playing sandlot football. I've seen more complex offenses at SAC.

At least UGA 2002 was the best team I have seen us play since Miami in the Gator.

And the 2001 coaches were CLUELESS that entire season. It was Joe Burns' fault for going OOB? What idiot calls a sweep when running out the clock without threatening the RB with death if he runs OOB. Joe's job was to run. GOL's (and BOB's) job was to think.

We made zero halftime adjustments the entire 2001 season.

You can believe whatever you want but GOL and the rest of your heroes left us WITHOUT A DIV 1 CALIBER QB ON THE ENTIRE ROSTER.

GOL might be a great HC, I happen to think that he was, and Kelly and McWhorter were excellent position coaches IMHO, but we had the worst coordinators in the ACC without a doubt. Who did less with more talent than us in 2001? Who?

Originally posted by GTCrew:

And the 2001 coaches were CLUELESS that entire season. It was Joe Burns' fault for going OOB? What idiot calls a sweep when running out the clock without threatening the RB with death if he runs OOB. Joe's job was to run. GOL's (and BOB's) job was to think.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Minor disagreement on this point: The Burns run was NOT a called sweep. It was an inside left tackle run that Joe "bounced out" on his own trying to make something more happen. Unfortunate decision on his part but that's what happened...

Back