RAT cap from 1956

RespectTheWreck

Varsity Lurker
1620099837022757693847825525694.jpg
I I saw it sitting at an estate sale and couldn't just leave it there. It's still in pretty good shape considering it's age.

Pretty cool! Would be nice to have a rat cap with most of the scores written right-side-up rather than upside-down like on mine.

Well mine was from the 79 season, could have been a lot worse either of the next 2 years

I had some rightside up, a couple more than that upside down, and one rotated 90 degrees.

crappy year but made for a good hat

A display case with rat caps from 1917, 1928, 1952, and 1990 would be pretty badass. Were they doing the rat cap thing back that far?

I still have mine from'64.I actually had to run down a Clemson FR rat in V parking lot that grabbed it. Notice I still have it.

After the " scuffle retrieval", oddly he was a nice guy.We then kept in touch for a couple of yrs.

I still have mine from'64.I actually had to run down a Clemson FR rat in V parking lot that grabbed it. Notice I still have it.

After the " scuffle retrieval", oddly he was a nice guy.We then kept in touch for a couple of yrs.
I’m a 1964 grad. Like you, got my hat taken on my way from the library but didnt get it back

I have my Dad's from 1955. Tech went 9-1-1 with four shutouts, a 21-3 win over Ugag and a 7-0 win over Pitt in the Sugar Bowl - good season no doubt. They also beat a winless Alabama team 26-2. The hat in the picture is in better shape than the one I have and I don't know how they kept those things on their heads - smaller heads perhaps.

Back