Rate Geoff Collins First Season

The worst loss I have seen is taking a top 10 ACC champion team with probably the best roster since 1990 (and the second best since Dodd) and losing to one of the worst UGA teams since Ray Goof at home.

The Kansas loss was the second worst. We had just won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl. We had a Heisman candidate at QB. We were #15 in the nation and we lost to the 110th team in the nation.

Agreed re:2009 mutt loss but the 2013 mutt loss was worse than Kansas.

‘02 loss to the mutts and it’s not even close.

The score differential sucked but straight up giving up puts that on another level.

I'm sure it's worse for Scott Frost right now with now 2 losing seasons in a row, plus unlike our fans, their's live and breathe by Nebraksa football.

Agreed, that team simply quit.

Ya, there's some serious recency bias going on, if that's not at the top of someone's list. When the coach loses a significant portion of a fanbase in Year 1 based on the team's performance of that 1 friggin game with it being UGA no less, no other loss should come close.

I'm sure it's worse for Scott Frost right now with now 2 losing seasons in a row, plus unlike our fans, their's live and breathe by Nebraksa football.
The Scott Frost that just signed a 2 year contract extension after losing 3 games in a row (now 4) in the middle of his second consecutive losing season to start his Nebraska tenure? I'm sure that fanbase is frustrated as well, but it sometimes takes time to build a program the right way. Maybe Frost never gets it done, and they ultimately move on to someone else...but it's nice to see that they are committed to allowing him enough time to build the program his way and not have to cut corners to provide some immediate results.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sport...cle_e871d5de-087f-11ea-a0c9-b37c65e3a258.html

‘02 loss to the mutts and it’s not even close.

The score differential sucked but straight up giving up puts that on another level.

Was that the game where we finished the game with a WR playing QB because everyone else was hurt?

GT - told in 2002 that QBs make the best QBs but didn’t learn

Was that the game where we finished the game with a WR playing QB because everyone else was hurt?

I don't know. It was 34-0 at half, and I don't remember much after that cause I spent halftime chugging Jim Beam in the UGA student section.

AJ Suggs started the game; don't remember who closed it out (probably Suggs); but our only touchdown was a pass completion in the 4th quarter according to stats I could find.

AJ Suggs started the game; don't remember who closed it out (probably Suggs); but our only touchdown was a pass completion in the 4th quarter according to stats I could find.
What year did Jonathan Smith finish the game at QB? I’m pretty sure that was 51-7.

What year did Jonathan Smith finish the game at QB? I’m pretty sure that was 51-7.
Gross. I went back and found the YouTube of the game. Looks like we used him as a Wildcat/Slash package throughout the game or at least during the first couple of possessions of the game.

I ain't suffering through that again though to do any further digging than that.

Gross. I went back and found the YouTube of the game. Looks like we used him as a Wildcat/Slash package throughout the game or at least during the first couple of possessions of the game.

I ain't suffering through that again though to do any further digging than that.
Yeah. So that is basically what we have had this year at QB because there is no true QB on roster.

Top 5 worst GT games I have ever seen:
2019 VT (45-0)
2019 Citadel (lost to FCS)
2012 MTSU (got blown out by G5)
2010 Kansas (lost to worst P5 team)
2005 VT (51-7)
2002 UGA (51-7)

2002 UGA and 2005 VT were both top 10 teams that won their respective conferences, so while that sucked to watch, it was no surprise we got blown out. 2019 VT almost lost to Furman and got absolutely destroyed by Duke, so that's probably the worst game I have ever seen.

Kansas was a terrible loss, but that was a Power 5 team only 3 years removed from a 12-1 season. MTSU was embarrassing, but they were 8-4 that season. Citadel was a ööööty FCS team that had just lost to Towson, running a variant of our old offense that our fanbase was already split about ditching.

So yeah. I've been watching since the Joe Ham years, and the worst 2 games I have ever seen both happened this year.
Facts wrong that was Kansas State

I give him an A+ for signing a 7 year contract. How much is that per win?
This could be one of the smartest moves ever or turn into a Hewitt fiasco.

Back